Search results

1. gurumasta

Free Free pulsing Xenia

I have a fuge full of Xenia. Come and get as much as you want! Pickup in Wakefield.
  2. gurumasta

Question for successful macro algae growers

I cannot grow macro algae and never have been able to. I have 0 phosphates but I do have around 7 mg/L Nitrates. I have a small amount of hair algae growing in my frag tank where there is no cleanup crew so I feel like my chaeto should be growing. I have an LED grow light that I bought off of...
  3. gurumasta

Black Torch

Picked this bad boy up from Marty in Malden at European Aquatics....
  4. gurumasta

Lion fish in reef?

I want a dwarf lion fish but I’m not sure how well they do in reef tanks. . I know they eat shrimp and small fish. Any other issues outside of that in an sps reef? Thanks!
  5. gurumasta

Samurai Ninja Astrea Snails

6. gurumasta

Reef Crystals batch is whack..

Tested alk on my salt change water and read 6.0 on Hanna. Crossed check with Red Sea kit and was like 6.5. Checked again and same results. Mag and Ca was good. Anybody else have this experience? I thought RC had higher alk levels? Specific gravity 1.026
  7. gurumasta

New Macro Lens Baby!

Messing with my new lens yo...
  8. gurumasta

New Camera and I still stink at this but here is some pics!

I got a new camera and all I have at this time is the kit lens but I tried messing around and here is a few shots... Lobo
  9. gurumasta

Nikon D3400 / Canon Rebel T6

These are lower budget DSLR cameras and I am wondering if they will get the job done or not. If I purchased a macro lens would I be able to take nice photos? These are more in my price range and I have a white belt in photography. Is this a buy once cry once situation and I should shy away from...
  10. gurumasta

Maricultured Corals

What is your experience with maricultured corals? I see mixed reviews and most say it is a roll of the dice. SD Aquatics and Unique have some nice stuff but I am not sure if it worth the risk of death, loss of color and pests. Thanks!
  11. gurumasta

Filter Socks...

I just ditched my filter sock off my drain I’m sick of cleaning them and them getting clogged and backed up. Will I regret this?
  12. gurumasta

Nitrate Dosing

My system is ultra low nutrient to the point that I can’t even grow macro algae. I am considering dosing nitrates to try and boost my coral color and growth. I also am considering dosing acropower but I am not sure which route to go... Who is doing this? What are your results? What product...
  13. gurumasta

Clownfish advice please...

So I had a mated pair of Wyoming White clowns. They were the first fish in my tank and I love them. Yesterday the female jumped. I don't have a lid on my tank but I am now considering one. This is my first fish loss and she was prob the coolest most wild active fish in my tank... Anyway- I have...
  14. gurumasta

Anyone local have Pygmy Angel Food

Anybody close to Wakefield have some Ocean Nutrition pygmy angel food or some sort of live food I could have or purchase off of you? I just want a little bit at this point. I have a new potters angel who is grazing like crazy but I want to try and get him feeding on frozen. I have read up on it...
  15. gurumasta

Alk Drop

My alk has been steady 8.9 - 9.1 on Hanna checker for past few weeks. I check almost every morning because I setup a two part dosing pump and figured I will check at least 4 or 5 times a week for the first month. I brought it up to this level from the low 8's and keep it there. Yesterday I...
  16. gurumasta

Alien in my fuge??

What in the love of God is this thing??
  17. gurumasta

Salt mix station

I have seen some of these sick looking salt mix station things with the two drums and pump all plumbed up and I am interested in building one. Can someone with one of these provide instructions or a link to what you used to build yours? I don't even know how they work but I want one! Thanks!
  18. gurumasta

Anybody using Vibrant?

Does anyone have any experience with using Vibrant for any reason? I have some bubble algae that I want to stay ahead of before it spreads too much and I am considering trying Vibrant. The reviews on R2R are great but I am wondering if anyone local has any input. I do have a magnificent foxface...
  19. gurumasta

How may hours for fuge lights?

How long do you run the lights on your fuge for each day? If you can share some insight that would be appreciated.
  20. gurumasta

Are Emerald Crabs as harmful as STD crabs?

I have some bubble algae funkiness and I want to get rid of it. Will emerald crabs eat my coral or should I go for it? Thanks!
Back