150 Gallon Major Project Begins.

Liam

letting it grow
Well i picked up the tank yesterday and work began today.
Here's the tank.

More in the next two posts.
Liam.

Attachments

• DSCF0424 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0424 (Small).JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 2,379
Framing the first wall(the most important one.

Attachments

• DSCF0423 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0423 (Small).JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,367
Here's the main stand components ready for assembly.The stand should be assembled tomorrow.
-Liam.

Attachments

• DSCF0422 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0422 (Small).JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 2,357
I'm happy with the first days work,i just wish the temp would come up a bit so i can Dryloc the walls before framing.

Thanks Scott.
Bidadari,as Scott said those 4 holes are going to be for two closed loops that will feed 2 pvc frameworks under 2 planned rock piles.
-Liam.

Hey there PJ,
this is going to be my dream tank(until the next one anyway),as far as equiptment here's a run down:
1.Lighting-2x400watt 10k se bulbs overdriven with a hqi ballast
2x250watt 20k se bulbs to supplement the 10k's and for
actinic dawn/dusk
2.Circulation-2xT4's in the sump one as a straight return one a return through the chiller(may run these through eductors)
2xtunze plus controller
2x closed loops behind the rockwork
3.Fitration-Aqua-c 180(may build something for a skimmer though).Above tank fuge and an Aquazone 200 plus
4.Calcium-precision marine 422 with 2nd chamber

Probably forgot something,hopefully i will have saved some more cash before i remember.
-Liam.

Nitrofish,the 400 watters will be the main light,the 250s will be for actinic(no vho's).I was going to use 2 175watt 20k's but thought they might get drowned out by the 400's.I need 400's because the tank is 30 inches deep. What are your thoughts.
-Liam.

Liam, look's well planned. Keep us updated....

LMK if you need a hand, I am only 5 min away...

Todays Progress

Got the stand put together today it now just needs the plywood adding.
Also put the extractor ducting in.

Thanks PJ.

Attachments

• DSCF0463 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0463 (Small).JPG
    51 KB · Views: 2,265
What are the dimentions of this tank? It looks high. I have 115G high tank (48" x 18" x 31") and i love it.

What are the dimentions of this tank? It looks high. I have 115G high tank (48" x 18" x 31") and i love it.

Shoeib the dimensions are 48x24 and 31 inches deep.
-Liam.

Back