180 gal. in wall setup

nitrofish

reefing again!
this is the first photo's ive taken of the in wall aquarium setup. its nothing more than some wires (x2 20amp curcuits) and a cut out in the wall.

Attachments

• tank build1.jpg
    tank build1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 447
  • tank build2.jpg
    tank build2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 450
the whole place is supposed to be done before may, but I don't think ill have the tank running that fast. I still need to buy pumps and stuff.

Nice Jeff.
What's the tank going to be: SPS, LPS & sofites, garden reef (little of 'em all)?
Got any idea on the fish?

Where's the sump gonna be, basement? Fish room behind tank?

actually the tank is in a closet of sorts. it will have a set of double doors behind it leading into the washroom/bathroom. the tank will need to be slid in from the front then the trim will be placed around the tank. the sump will be under the tank unless later I decide its not enough, and plumb it to the basement. I would have loved a dedicated fish room, but I didn't have the space.

oh, and it probley going to be a mixed tank. mostley softies and lps, but with some digi's and stuff.

Attachments

• tank layout.JPG
    tank layout.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 389
more pics

Attachments

• 2 tank1.jpg
    2 tank1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 325
  • 2 tank2.jpg
    2 tank2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 327
  • 2 tank3.jpg
    2 tank3.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 326
  • 2tank4.jpg
    2tank4.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 330
  • 2 tank5.jpg
    2 tank5.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 330
had to crawl into the tank to mark out plumbing holes

Attachments

• 2 tank6.jpg
    2 tank6.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 325
  • 2 tank7.jpg
    2 tank7.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 328
Wow. That's gonna be excellent!

I noticed in that layout drawing a few posts up, that a bunch of the closet will be blocked off by the tank (on the right). Could you add a narrow closet door there so you could keep tank-stuff in there, like ballasts, top-off, refugium, etc.?

Wow. That's gonna be excellent!

I noticed in that layout drawing a few posts up, that a bunch of the closet will be blocked off by the tank (on the right). Could you add a narrow closet door there so you could keep tank-stuff in there, like ballasts, top-off, refugium, etc.?

not really, but I can crawl under the stand and access that side. actually ill probley push the sump all the way to the right and leave room to the left to place my ballasts and stuff

Back