2 Part Dosing: How much do you dose

Reefer508

BRS Member
Hey everyone, I've been dosing for years but was wondering how much everyone doses? I know every tank will be different but I seem to be burning thru E.S.V. On my 140 total gallon frag system that only has a 60 gallon display and 80 gallon stock tank full of rock as a sump, I dose 100ml per day right in front of the return. It doesn't seem to be precipitating. Dose is split into 24 doses with Coral Box WiFi doser. It is a mixed reef with mostly LPS and ZOA, just a few sticks. The sticks aren't growing great but are growing. LPS and ZOA are doing great.
Steady ALK of 9.7, Calcium of 415. Testing ALK every day and Calcium every other day, right about the same time each day. Is this an excessive amount? Should I be thinking about a Calcium reactor?

I have a 500 gallon system with mostly sps and using esv 2 part I dose over a 24 hour period 360 ml of each. I also add brs kalkwasser every half hour for 24 hours for a total of 500 ml. My alk is between 7.7-8.0 dkh. Calcium is 425. I think if you bring you alk down to closer to 8.0dkh you might use less just a thought

I have about 70 gallons. Use aqua forest 2 part. About 120ml daily. If space and upfront cost wasn't and issue, I'd switch to a reactor. I think its whatever your comfortable with. If mixing a bunch of 2 part isn't and issue and its working, stick with it.

I dose 50 ml/ day of each ESV 2 part in my 50 gallon, sps and lps dominant system to maintain ALK of 8dKH. Your consumption level sounds about right to me with your larger tank. If you are concerned about the expense, a DIY 2 part is probably the cheapest option. If you are tired of constantly replacing the 2 part, then a Ca reactor is the way to go.

I have been using esv for 2 years dosing 70ml daily on 90gal mixed reef DT and 20gal sump. salt is brightwell Neomarine Alk8.6 CA480 Mag1440(this monthly)

~300 gallon system heavily SPS dominant and I use ~ 100 ml ESV per day...each. Alk 7.5 cal 400. I dont really need to keep levels higher and I have crazy growth. you mentioned "precipitate" above. If you are precipitating then the ESV is not going into solution and will not measure correctly. More is not always better, especially in dosing...good luck

~300 gallon system heavily SPS dominant and I use ~ 100 ml ESV per day...each. Alk 7.5 cal 400. I dont really need to keep levels higher and I have crazy growth. you mentioned "precipitate" above. If you are precipitating then the ESV is not going into solution and will not measure correctly. More is not always better, especially in dosing...good luck
PS...i use normal IO salt. Nothing special

I dose 10-12 ml of each spread out over 10 times a day in my 25'ish plus 3'ish HOB fug...

Back