2014/2015 Emergency Assistance Thread

Just wanted to share something in regards to power loss. For those of you that can't afford a generator I am running a APC battery backup with an external additional battery backup. I have my expensive equipment (LEDs, mp-40's) plugged into the surge and one heater and one return pump plugged into the battery backup. With this , I get roughly 5 hours of battery life. If anyone is interested in the model I used just let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can add my generator to the list

I have an RV in my driveway that has it's own generator so now the portable model is a backup :)

Wow I wish one of these was up two pus year ago when I lost my complete 90 gal reef due to a power outage. I still lost the most of everything running a generator . The ones I didn't lose never really bounced back. But I am real glad to see this thread. Ty to all the volunteer help that's out there!!

Time to Bump this.

This winter storm PAX is going to throw all kinds of weather situations at us.
From what they're saying some isolated areas could lose power.

Just keep in mind that although it sucks watching a tank die or watch and hearing about a fellow Reefer in trouble.
It's not worth getting into dangerous situations or possibly losing your life over it. Many tanks will have no issues lasting for at least 24 hrs. or longer. So use discretion if you travel to get help,or help a fellow member.
Good luck to everybody that will be effected.

Last edited:
I'll be running a generator (if needed) in Hanson, Mass (south shore).. so if anyone goes down and needs a place to store coral or fish, you're welcome to use my tanks. 150g and 120g reefs. I also have 2 powerful Azoo (battery back up) air pumps (run for 10-20 hrs). Shoot me a PM. I have 4 wheel drive pickup if necessary. I am home all day, every day this week

Last edited:
Here in Lynn we have never lost power for more than an hour . I have a pair of 210 gallon tanks and a 50 breeder plus a 150 gallon stock tanks running here if anyone needs . its all one system as around 600 gallons so it can handle a decent load and you are all welcome to house things here if need be

Here in Lynn we have never lost power for more than an hour . I have a pair of 210 gallon tanks and a 50 breeder plus a 150 gallon stock tanks running here if anyone needs . its all one system as around 600 gallons so it can handle a decent load and you are all welcome to house things here if need be

Now why did you go and say that. ..

I'll add my name to the list if you need to stash corals near Westford. I have near empty 40b tank with a radion over it that folks are welcome to stash stuff. I have a whole house genny that runs off my natural gas line.

My list hasn't changed and made even more water if anyone needs some. Feel free to shoot me a PM/call/text if need be

Add me to a list for emergency help. The house I just bought in North Andover has a whole house generator that runs off my 300 gallon gas tank. I also have an RODI unit and will always have water on hand. Hate to see any fellow reefers lose anything due to severe weather. Just PM me and I will be able to assist.
-Brian

Back