30 Breeder Frag/Anemone Tank

Duds

Formerly Known as SrDudley25
BRS Member
I keep saying I’m going to do build threads so here we go let’s do one for the 30 breeder.

I got the tank off Dong and I’ve built the frame for the stand so far, today I’m planning on getting some plywood to hopefully finish it off. This will be a tank upgrade essentially from a 20 long I have running. It started its life as a 10 gallon, that was me dipping my toes back in until I got my 40 breeder running. Then the 10 turned into a 20 the day of ffm last year when we came home with way too much. I’ve since turned the 20 long more into a frag tank with my wife’s clowns 3 rbta, a black widow bta, and a Colorado sunburst bta and need more room again so enter the 30 breeder.

Build sheet:
30 breeder
20 high custom sump
Lifereef overflow box
Jebao dct2500
simplicity dc120 eventually hob to start
Reefbreeder 24”

Pics to come.

Thanks
Stephen

Thought you weekend gonna run the radions?
Lol up until Sunday that was the plan, then I bought another 180 gallon setup. It came with 3 24” reefbreeder photon v2s. So I’ll use one each on the 30 and 40 breeders and the 60 cube. The radions will go back on the aquatic life t5 fixture and go over the 180 when the basement is done. At the moment I have two radions over the 40 breeder and one over the 20 long lol talk about a difference haha. 40s are up at 30% now, and the 20 is at 20% they’ve only been on the 20 long maybe a week now. The addiction is real!!! Lmfao

Frame of the stand that I never put the pic up of
IMG_7178.jpeg

Here’s the frame of the canopy
IMG_7244.jpeg

Staining the stand(upside down in pic)
IMG_7242.jpeg

You know how it goes skip a few pic steps it’s upstairs and complete minus door trim minor things really
IMG_7289.jpeg

And the tank with the photo bomb from Layla
IMG_7290.jpeg

Didn’t take any transfer pics but filled a 5 gallon bucket halfway put the anemone rock in there. Took the entire frag rack out and put into the 30 breeder and scooped water out till we could move the 20 long out of the way. While making sure not to fill up the 30 breeder too much so we couldn’t move it into place.

Here it is with just the preexisting water before topping off just getting the light set and on (thanks for the help @dz6t):
IMG_7295.jpeg

And topped off:
IMG_7298.jpeg

IMG_7299.jpeg

And one so you can actually see some inhabitants:

IMG_5896.jpeg

Very successful move no fatalities all are back out and if anything look happier. For now it’ll be hob and I will build my sump how I’d like it to be and install when ready. The canopy I need to decide how I want to mount the lights I’m indecisive and picky (is a nice word for it) so that’s still in the works. I love it, so much more room I went bare bottom first time with that. I like it so far minus the sand that came across from the 20 I need to get in and clean that out then it’ll be minty fresh nothing like a clean tank.

Back