$85 Chinese Vortech-Tunze Wavemaker look-a-like?!

higorc

Call me IGOR :)
Has anyone seen or own one of these yet? http://www.fish-street.com/jebo_wp-40_13000l_wave_maker

[video=youtube_share;HaFjQWvng9A]http://youtu.be/HaFjQWvng9A [/video]

I just got a little bit sick right now from buying a $460 MP40W ES on eBay a couple of days ago. I mean if these are half as good, they would be well worth the money. For crying outloud, I would buy 4 and have some spares! They go inside the tank, but have a very small profile like the Tunzes.

Got to love the Chinese, and I mean that in a good way...Always giving you an alternative to spending a Please do not circumvent the auto censor! load of money! I am curious to know now how good these are compared to the Vortechs and Tunzes. Chinese LEDs are not the best, but reasonable. I wonder if these compare??? :confused:

I wouldn't mind buying one to try...

Higor

Last edited by a moderator:
Judging by the picture I would say it's more of a Tunze knock off than a Vortec.

I like one of the reviews:

"This one is realy a god product. Recommended :)
It has a little noice, but at that price it does nothing. I love it."

How do you spell"recommended "right but miss noise?

Last edited:
I have been waiting for these for a long time!

Its difficult to compare a pump that has had over a decade of success with a cheaper knockoff until that knockoff has been tested for an extended period of time by the users. Most likely, you're going to get what you pay for and good luck with customer service.

Dito. But I wouldn't expect them to be the same. Not by a long shot. There is a reason for the $400 difference in price... But if they r half as good...

I mean, all I'm saying is I wouldn't mind having one of these in my tank instead of Koralias if Vortechs were out of the question due to the price. That's all...

Last edited:
I will not expect customer service for that price. The good thing is the technology is quite simple. Also, Jebo is one of the biggest aquarium manufacture in China. They make some of the higher end stuff marking in China although the price are very cheap compare to what we pay here.

Its difficult to compare a pump that has had over a decade of success with a cheaper knockoff until that knockoff has been tested for an extended period of time by the users. Most likely, you're going to get what you pay for and good luck with customer service.

Agree, I will choose a Tunze over these because I have a Tunze 6100 that is over 10 years old and still working as it should.
But for Ecotech? I will ditch it for these knock off in a heart beat. the reason is very simple, come take a look (listen to) of the MP40 I have, the noise will drive you crazy.

Do the controllers for it run off 110v? If they don't then you will have to buy a step up converter to run it on 220.

Do the controllers for it run off 110v? If they don't then you will have to buy a step up converter to run it on 220.

Yes they do...

chinesevortech_zpsef81b63e.jpg

Back