$85 Chinese Vortech-Tunze Wavemaker look-a-like?!

And because they use lesser plastic around the motor it seperates and electrocutes the whole tank, all inhabitants dead!!! Where's they savings then?
Would like to see some long term tests before putting into my tank (and the fact I just bought 2-6105's and a 7096)

Yes they do...

chinesevortech_zpsef81b63e.jpg

We need a better pic. that is a terrible pic. They are not even side by side.

Im looking at this pic and then at my mp40 and wow thats a big looking pump. Great price though. Would like to see some more testing though

Looks like a Fluval Sea Pump to me with a magnet mount instead of suction cup and a controller.

Hmm...

See, I WANT to say i'd want one, but remember how excited we all got when those Chinese LED Fixtures came out? Yeah, look what happened there, lol.

i have a jeebowavemaker its pretty good for 30 bucks when i got it. has anyone experience these? i would be in for 4.

See, I WANT to say i'd want one, but remember how excited we all got when those Chinese LED Fixtures came out? Yeah, look what happened there, lol.
Well, they are still going and selling strong. For what they sell for, I can over look the limitation.

I would but I think I'm to far from all you guys so I think it would be an in convince, someone else should do it who lives in mass where most of you are from

Well, they are still going and selling strong. For what they sell for, I can over look the limitation.
I absolutely have to agree there. For the price point, as long as it doesn't catch anything on fire or electrocute anything in my tank, I can't see any reason these would be a bad idea.

I had a Jebo powerfilter on an old 10g holding tank that worked better than the Tetra on my pico. Good build quality. Hoping these are the same.

I still may wait and let someone else here test them first though.

Anyone read the fact it has a light sensor for night mode?

Pretty cool.

EDIT: Upon reading, they don't say what GPH rates it does. But 4300L is like over 1,000GPH if that's what it is saying in one mode.

I wonder how low GPH it can turn down to.

Last edited:
I've done some calculations and the total cost for 40 of these at 62.50 would be 2500+656.45 for shipping to the USA equals
1 unit at 78.92 total

If all that makes sense...

And we can get them even cheaper if we use the coupon code fishstreet making the total for 1 unit 77.04

Anyone else notice the eggcrate? Why is there eggcrate directly under the pump? Seems like a weird place to put it.

Ive dealt with fish street before...I would email them to see about a bulk shipping rate but also be careful of their website...its a little misleading and exaggerated.

Back