$85 Chinese Vortech-Tunze Wavemaker look-a-like?!

Ok for those who are interested. $100 each unit. No money collected until 40 units sold. Once 40 units are committed, payment will be due. Once all money is collected, order will be placed. PM me if interested. I will update daily as to how many are left. As of right now there are 5 sold. If someone else wants to do or can get a better deal, I'm ok with that too.

first impression regarding customer service, it's a tell tale sign. i wouldn't put those thing in my tank and then put my hands in the water, the thought of a potential electrical shock scares the crap out of my pant, no matter how cheap, No Thanks.

I didnt mean to make it sound like I was yelling at you or anything like that.

I think they are full of crap. Any half decent company can throw 40 small boxes inside one big box and ship it. if they are not even willing to do that, and provide better info and a better video without an egg crate under the power-head, then I am out.

Again, not yelling at you, or blaming you for anything. :D

It's too bad a bunch of member can't pitch in and buy one and do a review.Then raffle it off to the contributing members.
Or donate it to the BRS raffle.That way,even though it's not a long term review,we could see if they're worth the trouble.

Took a close look at the website and I think it can't be controlled like MP40.
Looks like it only has 6 preset settings. If that is the case, there is little chance it can make a standing wave in your tank.
In order to make a standing wave, due to each tank is different shape, size, rock scape, fine tuning is needed.
I will pass.

How do i nominate this for thread of the month?? I love this thread LOL.

By the way I will take, and keep My MP40s

If you look around RC there are several reviews and youtube videos. Short term, they seem to work well and people have been pleased. Certainly from the videos it looks like they move a lot of water and the ramp up/down timing can be changed for wavemaking. The real test will be if they can last more than a year or so. Of course if you already have MP40s you would keep them. I don't think any rational person would think these would be better, but (like the D120s LED lights) for the price they offer a good alternative to other pumps at their price point. I view it like the difference between a Mustang and a Ferrari. The Ferrari can get around a track faster, but for the money the mustang provides a better performance/$ (I would use a corvette, but some would argue a slightly tweaked vette could be the better performer). :)

I am still up for one as well if this happens...and like Derek said, "and keep My MP40s" :) Probably won't use this on my DT anyways.

Higor

Took a close look at the website and I think it can't be controlled like MP40.
Looks like it only has 6 preset settings. If that is the case, there is little chance it can make a standing wave in your tank.
In order to make a standing wave, due to each tank is different shape, size, rock scape, fine tuning is needed.
I will pass.

correction, heard from a member who has it, it is able to fine tune the wave.

so if we order 8 they are $79 each? + shipping, 40 seems like a long shot........................

If this continues to drag on, maybe the smaller model will be out by then. If this happens I know I want 4 or 5 of the smaller model. Plus, Iam sure there are others who want them as well. Maybe there will be a mix and match and we can get to 40 that way. Just a thought.

I'll stick with my mp40's. To each there own I guess. I got Chinese led lights, they will soon be replaced with radions.

Back