$85 Chinese Vortech-Tunze Wavemaker look-a-like?!

Apparently the Jebao WP25 has a video out. I'm looking forward to testing out one of these and on RC you can see a size comparison between the 25 and 40. The 25 is waaaaaayyyy smaller. Rumor has it they go for $30 (not including shipping of course). If I am not mistaken the video below is in a 75 gallon. This pump is tiny but still creates quite the wave. Once I can find one available I will definitely try this on my tank and give a review.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYc1hZy5iV0&feature=youtu.be

i got one about 2 weeks ago its great !!!!!!! powerfull on a 6 foot tank and water moves the night eye is backward ,, i have in sump area, so when light comes on in there the pump goes to night mode , yea when light comes on it shuts off . lol kinda threw me at first but i got it lol love it cheap tooooooo

RC has a bunch of group buys that have taken place...pricing appears to be about $70 per unit shipped at the 40 unit level. I haven't talked to jebao yet, but I'd bet we could get that same pricing. I have their contact info should this materialize. I'd want to handle it the same way described earlier in the thread -- I can track the interest, if/when we get close to 40, I can collect payment and order...

Don't mean to hijack the existing effort but price seemed out of whack with what other club group buys have been offered and maybe that is holding back interest. I'm probably getting 6 or 8 so that isn't a bad start.

The smaller version is less $ but from the limited info I saw from another group buy, those are around $50. Not sure if that was a qty price and/or shipped...just a figure in an email from the manufacturer.

Just to be clear, this would be manufacturer direct -- not fish street. Fish street appears to offering mods now and so if any of those things -- or fish street service is appealing to you, you'd probably be better off buying from them.

Pm me if interested. Qty and model. I'll post updates if/as interest is expressed.

FYI, only one person has PMed interest and based on that, I doubt we'll be getting to 40.

I know a few people expressed interest in the previous offer for a group by earlier in this thread so maybe that had more life than my effort, not sure. But just wanted to keep folks informed.

I almost ordered 2-3 from Fish Street the other night, shipping is crazy...$60-90 (for 2 and 3 respectively, plus the voltage regulators, extra sensors, etc.).

I don't feel like going through all the posts again to see what the # was to save money on shipping...

cost me total $115 for 1 WP-40 and extra voltage regulator. I received within 2~3 weeks after ordered. So far I am happy with it after using over 2 week on my 75G. The night sensor does not work well for me so.

I got mine in about a week.
The night sensor needs some fanegling.It actually needs a little dim light,like a moon light LED.

Just preordered a WP25. Hope it works out well. The plan is to link it to my apex controller. Not sure if I want to use the light sensor at all to be honest.

Anybody running the wp40 have any noise issue?mine make more noise then the mp10.It make noise on any setting

Back