90 Gallon In Wall Build Thread

I just used muriatic acid (SP?) to clean some equipment. Be VERY careful, but the calcium will rinse right off. The only problem is you should use it outside.

Good Luck Derek

Ok thanks I'll try that--you think indoors in small quantities and with a mask would be okay?

Here we go...

IMG00096-20100825-1959.jpg

Thanks, I've always wanted to have an aquarium set into a wall, so it's really great to finally have a chance to set one up.

I've still got to get some filter socks and hang my fuge light...

I just checked ammonia again tonight, nothing detectible and no nitrates. I seeded it with water and sand from a smaller, established tank and some new live sand. Figured I would get some ammonia spike, is it possible that I won't see a cycle? Seems strange not to see any spike after adding the live rock...?

Gotta say, I really like the two sides... it's like having two tanks. Going to be difficult accessing the side facing the stairs though, especially any spot feeding.

still plenty of work do do, but getting there...

IMG00156-20100911-0023.jpg

IMG00161-20100911-1804.jpg

hey thanks, sure I'll snap some recent ones, it's practically finished, just finishing touches. I put a T on my return line with a valve, so I can water change through the loc line backflow...then a union with the return pump and the water change line, so I can just drain out, switch pipes, attach the return pump and pump back in. Only problem is that the loc line isn't airtight, so the last 5-10 gallons needs a siphon. I'm going to figure out a way to fix that...I'll post some pics of it with some tank photos...

I was wondering if you had any pictures that show the stand, The ones up are kind of daek, and I thought you were doing a nice job on it, and wanted to see the final result. Tank looks great by the way.

Derek

thanks! Not a professional job, but did the trick for me anyway. I'll snap some photos tomorrow, just got back from the weekend. It was mostly finished in those photos, but some overhead lights were out when I took the photos... incidentally, having gone from a HOB overflow, I've got to say that it's a pleasure being able to shut down and restart the system with a flick of a switch. My HOB system was starting to fail (just pulled the plug on it today) so I ended up bringing everything over to the new tank a little earlier than I wanted-but all's well so far.

here are some updates, still have some trim, painting and stain left...my kitchen pass ran out, so doing a little here and there...

Inwall portion... still need another coat of primer, trim and figure out a paint color...

IMG00295-20101012-1929.jpg

Back