Acclimating Leopard Wrasses

charged45

Non-member
Can anyone who has experience acclimating Leopard Wrasses to their DT share their process? I'm going to be adding 3 Bipartus to a 125G established DT. I know from past experience these are difficult to acclimate.

No advice but keep us updated, I would love to know what you find out as they are one of my dream fish.

I don't think you can really acclimate them as they should dart right into the sand. I just added 3 blue stars and I brought the temp up and in the tank they went. First one came out in 8 days, second in 13 days.......3rd girl died.

Beautiful fish though!
My girl when she first came out:

That is a great pic! How are the 2 doing now? You drip acclimate then put them in your DT? How did you feed them?

I followed live aquaria's directions as they were warranted. Temp acclimate and added 1 cup ish of water every 5 min, drain bag, repeat and set them free! I have my tank loaded up with pods so the natural food is there but right when they come out, feed hakari mysis. I have them both eating Larry's reef frenzy now. Treating with prazi as well

^^ best way to do it with these Fish...Trust me... I have brought in hundreds of these, and have some of the best success out there with Macropharyngodon period. And the quicker they get to where they are going the better... they do not do well in QT tanks at all...Really best piece of advice I can give is hope that you got a good one...and keep any tankmates from chasing orharassig the Leopard until it is completely settled in...Best of luck

Back