Achilles Tang Question

Moose

Non-member
Can anyone chime in on how long you have been able to keep an Achilles Tang, am questioning there ability to thrive in an aquarium. We were looking into adding one but don't want to waste the money or buy a fish that will just die in captivity.

I can't help much I always wanted one they are a beautiful fish but reports scared me off. You may want to consider powder brown Tangs somewhat cheaper and some resemblance.

Jim

Thanks, I have been doing some research, and thinking it would take a lot of variety in there natural diet, and have read some other forums about people keeping them, just wondering of anyone else had some local experience.

I had one lasted 2 weeks, my brother got one but his been is doing well for many years now. The best is find one that been living at the the lfs that are eating and fully quarantine.

Thank you, I agree with that, glad to hear your brother has had one for more than a year!

I had one many years ago and had it for about 5 years. Then my tank crashed and lost everything but my clowns.

Back