adjusting calcium reactor

Corwyn

I am in Raynham
OK, I am frustrated. Got a PM calsuim reactor.
Set it up and confirmed that everything is correct mechanically, but I can't get a low bubble count. Everytime I turn the co2 down it bubbles slow for about 30 seconds and then it just goes to a microbubble stream instead of slow big bubbles.

The output is testing at 6.2ph evenwith the water flow turned up to max.
I have the PSI at 6.

What am I dong wrong?

Corwyn

be carefull not to let the ph get below 6.5 i can turn your media into mush
what kind of reagulator our u useing

Corwyn said:
OK, I am frustrated. Got a PM calsuim reactor.
Set it up and confirmed that everything is correct mechanically, but I can't get a low bubble count. Everytime I turn the co2 down it bubbles slow for about 30 seconds and then it just goes to a microbubble stream instead of slow big bubbles.

The output is testing at 6.2ph evenwith the water flow turned up to max.
I have the PSI at 6.

What am I dong wrong?

Corwyn
sounds like a bad bubble counter, or you may have used saltwater instead of fresh for the bubble counter and it got clogged. I had that problem with my precision marine bubble counters.

Are you trying to adjust the bubbles with the cylinder tank valve? The valve on the tank should be open all the way and then all bubble adjustments done with the needle valve.

Contact Precision Marine.

There may be a problem with the valve in the bottom of the bubble counter, where your CO2 line connects.

PM is extremely easy to deal with, they will take care of you.

Mike,

Thanks I'll try that.

Denvig, No that cylinder valve is fully open. I am trying to adjust the bubble count with the needle valve on the left of the picture inthe link.
If it gets down to bellow 5-6 per second. it will work for about 20-30 seconds and then it just becomes a stream of microbubles.

C

They may mean "minutes per bubble", ie, one bubble every 5 to 6 seconds... that translates to 10 to 12 bubbles per minute (which seems low).

Nuno

nunofs said:
They may mean "minutes per bubble", ie, one bubble every 5 to 6 seconds... that translates to 10 to 12 bubbles per minute (which seems low).

Nuno

Nuno,
You mean seconds per bubble. :)

M.

Back