And the hits just keep on coming....

Mr. Slippery

Reads more, Posts less
Man this day really needs to end quick. I posted in another thread today about my various misfortunes on this fine day. so...I just get a call from my house that my main return is off. I go home to find that my mag 9 just jammed up and stopped flowing all of a sudden. Luckily i live 5 minutes from work so I went home and took the whole pump out and it is soaking in hot water and vinegar. Do these just jam up for no reason or is it just dirty? I cleaned it about 2 months ago so I don't know what the deal is.

Last edited:
my mag 9.5 jammed up tonight as well soaked it but did not come back think it needs a long soak so had to run out and buy a new pump. on top of which as i am installing the new pump i notice a dark shape on the shelf beside my tank. look closer and realize it is the dried body of my mandarin. guess he got spooked and jumped out of the tank *Sigh*

I have a mag 12 and a mag 5 and they both jam up regulary,pay special attention to the ceramic shaft,i think kalkwasser causes it in my case.

jmkeary said:
my mag 9.5 jammed up tonight as well soaked it but did not come back think it needs a long soak so had to run out and buy a new pump. on top of which as i am installing the new pump i notice a dark shape on the shelf beside my tank. look closer and realize it is the dried body of my mandarin. guess he got spooked and jumped out of the tank *Sigh*

That was a very crispy mandarin indeed. :(

I think you need to talk to your cat and dog about doing their parts on the tank maintenance.

I've lost 3 chromis in the past 5 months, but I think my cat makes sure I never find them. :)

Back