Anemone help

Ray

frrrrunkis
BRS Member
Ok here is the deal..... I have a green BTA in my 75G tank that is the home of a pair of clowns. I have had this BTA since early Jan and has been doing great in the past few months, growing a good amount. For the past week it has been looking a little deflated and shriveled, now I know from time to time they do this but a few days ago I noticed what apeared to be his intestons coming out of the end of one of the tenticles. Over the next few days it has apeared to be getting bigger, today it was the size of a marble and I can also see it on the tip of another tenticle. I fed him last 2 days ago (mysis shrimp) and he apeared to be eating fine. I also have a rose anemone in the tank, clear on the other side as well as alot of SPSs and soft corals all are doing fine and the only thing that is near it at all is a clump of xenia. All other coral and fish are doing great and all my parameters are where they should be. The anemone comes out from under the rock at lights on and retreats back under at lights out.

My lights are 2x250W 10Ks run for 11 hours/day and he is on the right side middle of the tank directly below one of the 250s

He is fed different cuts of fresh fish, shrimp, brine and mysis 2-3 times a week

I took this pic just before lights out

Last edited:
I'm gonna guess it's going to split. Soon you'll have a clone.

Can anyone confirm? I have no first-hand experience.

Back