any advice on what the best reefkeeper i should get??

jmillz151

Non-member
im not a big fan on testing and would like something to help me... i have a 125g mixed reef with a 55g refugium and a 50g sump. going to have LEDs soon on both main and refugium. also i have a calcium reactor that i never hooked up and would like to. was looking into reefkeepers but dont know want i need and want works best... any info will help thanks

If you do DIY led, the apex is better, it got 4 vs channels out of the box. The reefkeeper, you need to get the alc module and it have 2.

If net option is a must for you then looks elsewhere and stay away from the reefkeeper net module, it's darn slow and flaky..

Between the reefkeeper and apex, I'll take the apex any day. I started with the reefkeeper lite basic, module after module upgrade to the point I was forced to upgrade to their Elite model because the lite unit can only handle 4 modules... Now I'm an apex user, couldn't be happier, the programming process is very limited with the reefkeeper, you pretty much limit to the check box and drop down menu they gave you vs the apex you can write your own criteria.

I just got my Apex Jr. and Apex VDM module today and love it so far. Took all of 5 minutes to get it connected to my home network. My Apollo Reef LEDs are plugged into the VDM and the Sicce Powerstreams are plugged into the controllable outlets. Once I figure out the programming this is going to rock! (Just posted pictures in my build thread btw.)

I have the RKL running a 125 and ...love it...especially for its low cost.Controlling my fans,lights,heaters,pumps.

Back