Pump Upgrade for AquaC Remora?

This thing already has a Maxi Jet 1200 on it. Can it accomodate a stronger pump to crank production up a little bit?

Thanks,
Paul

Yeah ive seen them with a mag 3 before too. I also use a maxi jet too though. I figured if its sent from the factory that way there must be a reason for it. Works just fine for me

I run a mag 3 on the one I occasionally run in my basement.

If a mag 3 would work for a AquaC Remora then it would probably will work for a bak pak as well. Could you post a picture of it? I'm wondering how you would get it to pull air into the pump? Since a bak pak require a venturi adaptor connected to the maxijet 1200.

Would a Mag3, Ocean Runner or Eheim 1250 be a bit big for it? Would they even stay on because those are all heavier pumps?

Is this the remora or the remora pro? I would think a mag 3 on a regular remora would be overpowering.

Hey Linda, it's the Remora.

I used the Mag 3 on a remora pro. Someone had the Mag 3 on a regular remora not too long ago and had a micro bubble problem. I think switching to the Maxi jet 1200 solved it. I tried searching, but couldn't find it. :eek:

I'm guessing you aren't too thrilled with the output of the remora??

I used the Mag 3 on a remora pro. Someone had the Mag 3 on a regular remora not too long ago and had a micro bubble problem. I think switching to the Maxi jet 1200 solved it. I tried searching, but couldn't find it. :eek:

I'm guessing you aren't too thrilled with the output of the remora??

Nope. It's skimming, but the nog looks like green tea. I was hoping for something a little darker and drier.

I don't mind micro bubbles since it's only a QT.

madisonrose said:
heres a thread that got me looking for a bigger pump. hes using a mag 9

He upgraded a Pro model. I've got the Remora. I'll give AquaC a call to see what they say.

Thanks all.

Well, I had to order a new Maxi Jet 1200 today. I noticed that the skimmer was struggling to suck water in. It turned out that the red plastic thingy on the bottom of the imeller had rusted off and was stuck inside the pump. I just bought this skimmer from another member who said he had been using it for a year. Should the impeller have **** the bed so soon?

Back