Aquaillumination Prime

Agreed... I only said that because I read a couple articles stating the Zetlight was a much better light.
They also have a new Wp40 from zetlight that can be controlled in sync with the light. Different controller as well.
http://www.tropical-sealife.de/inde...uct_id=63&virtuemart_category_id=29&Itemid=13

The kits look really cool. I like how they use those spotted led lenses now, a year and a half ago I wanted to put them on my Chinese leds and couldn't find them anywhere. :)

Pretty snazzy controller. Though I would personally be confused as all hell setting that up. Lol. There's too many features of modern day reefing stuff for me. I like on/off controls. Lmao.
I'd like to see them branch the BlueFish WiFi controller into an all out Wifi enabled controller capable of monitoring and adjusting heater, fan/chiller, pump, light, etc.
It's possible for sure, it just needs new firmware and a few additional serial ports.

I keep looking at Chinese LEDs too, but to put it bluntly, they are just ugly. I also keep looking at is the "Micmol", which I believe it is $279. Although I remember seeing it for $199 on the 'Bay at one point marketed under a different name.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aqua-Pro-Mi...908?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51c380a8c4

Correction - this link is for the "Pro" version, not the mini. Basically the bigger version (think xr15 vs xr30). These are also available in Blue/White version and a Color (full spectrum) version. It doesn't look like the full spectrum has UV though.

I contacted the seller, the Nano version is $179.00, includes all mounting hardware, and should be in stock next week.

Seriously considering ordering (2) pros for my tank, and (1) mini for the nano. Price (and aethetics) are very attractive.

I'm going with a DIY build. Using the CNCReef ASIS 610 housing and tank mount with the RapidLED Aurora Puck and Storm X controller. Should come out to around $300 total for the exact same thing as a XR15W Pro worth $600 (including RMS Tank Mount).

Very cool- I just checked out the website. DO you plan on doing a build thread? I would definitely be following that. DIY is not really an option at the moment. I have way too many projects that I have started and need to finish. I am currently building an 18 watt guitar Tube amp modeled after a Marshall 1974x.

I am planning a build thread, yes. But first, I have to confirm exactly what it is that i'm building, lol. I know it's something. Something installed into that sexy freaking light housing. IDK how to do any of it though.

Would 12 of the 3w LEDs even suffice over a 10g? Who knows. What colors? Who knows.

I have a 18 - 3w leds from rapidleds diy solderless kit over a 20g sps dominant fusion 9" from the surface. Currently I have 50/50 royal blue and coolwhite, but might throw in a red and green to get a full spectrum eventually. I love rapidled! It currently grows sps very well. Only thing I wish I added was a dimmer.

I have a 18 - 3w leds from rapidleds diy solderless kit over a 20g sps dominant fusion 9" from the surface. Currently I have 50/50 royal blue and coolwhite, but might throw in a red and green to get a full spectrum eventually. I love rapidled! It currently grows sps very well. Only thing I wish I added was a dimmer.

So then you're saying a 12 LED kit on a 10g cube should be just fine? :)

Most likely yes but depends on what you are growing.

I like to use the Rapid led calculation based on tank size.

How do I know how many LEDs I'll need?
There are various ways to calculate the number of LEDs you’ll need, and we’re always happy to recommend the correct kit for you. As a very general rule of thumb, for reef tanks without SPS you can use the following formula when using our LEDs:

(Length of tank in inches x Width of tank in inches)/22

For example, if you have a 40g breeder and your footprint is 36” x 18”, you would need:

(36” x 18”)/22 = roughly 28-30 LEDs

For tanks with SPS you can use the following formula:

(Length of tank in inches x Width of tank in inches)/18

For example, if you have a 75g tank and your footprint is 48” x 18”, you would need:

(48” x 18”)/18- = roughly 48 LEDs

I'm still thinking i'll probably just end up pre-ordering one of these. a 165W chinese LED is extreme overkill, and I don't want a XR15W or Maxspect Nano. Not my thing. So aside from my DIY idea theres few options other than the Prime so i'll probably just go for it. If it's not very bright i'll just not keep SPS in there and keep them in my 16g instead. simple simple! If I get one i'll definitely post an unboxing thread and a review with photos and video.

I'm still thinking i'll probably just end up pre-ordering one of these. a 165W chinese LED is extreme overkill, and I don't want a XR15W or Maxspect Nano. Not my thing. So aside from my DIY idea theres few options other than the Prime so i'll probably just go for it. If it's not very bright i'll just not keep SPS in there and keep them in my 16g instead. simple simple! If I get one i'll definitely post an unboxing thread and a review with photos and video.

When I checked Marine Depot on friday, I saw 5-6 week ETA. This morning it said 2-3 weeks. (After saying 2-3 days for a few weeks)

I'm not sure if this thing actually exists ha!

I just purchased the xr15, should be here on Wednesday. I can give you some updates along the way if the AI thing gets drug out for a while.

When I checked Marine Depot on friday, I saw 5-6 week ETA. This morning it said 2-3 weeks. (After saying 2-3 days for a few weeks)

I'm not sure if this thing actually exists ha!

I spoke directly with my old sales rep at C2 Development (the makers of the AI line) and they said they are finishing up another batch later this week. And hope to have it released by late February/Early March.

I just purchased the xr15, should be here on Wednesday. I can give you some updates along the way if the AI thing gets drug out for a while.

Appreciated, but very familiar with the XR15W. Not my thing personally but still a great light if you have the money.

Appreciated, but very familiar with the XR15W. Not my thing personally but still a great light if you have the money.

You can say that again. I was window shopping Marine Depot on Friday. I think it was $1800 for an Xr15 / mp10es for the nano and xr30 pro / mp40wes for my 50 (I can't upgrade the nano with out buying something for my tank. Ha!) That's a ton of dough to spend on 4 little gadgets. Well, I'll either have to shop used if I go that route, or see what my refund brings lol.

You can say that again. I was window shopping Marine Depot on Friday. I think it was $1800 for an Xr15 / mp10es for the nano and xr30 pro / mp40wes for my 50 (I can't upgrade the nano with out buying something for my tank. Ha!) That's a ton of dough to spend on 4 little gadgets. Well, I'll either have to shop used if I go that route, or see what my refund brings lol.

$685 is more like for the MP10 and XR15W. Or you can pay $45 for a WP-10 and $305 for a DIY equivalent of the XR15W which puts you at ~ $350 for the same thing basically. That's a 50% savings.

BUT who have to realize, that does not include WiFi, and is not necessarily as high of quality as the name brand stuff. It all depends on budget, needs, and want.

For me, name brands, WiFi, bells and whistles all falls under the "want" category. While perfectly operable power heads and lights at a reasonable price fall under the "need" category for me.

That's not to say one is better than the other, nor more worth while. If I had deep pockets, you'd see me rocking a Triton S light over a custom Miracles tank with two MP40 Quiet Drives. Lol.

No you DID indeed help! We just don't have as deep of pockets. :-( lmao i'm just a poor boy.
I'm just a poor boy myself! To be 100% honest I still have a 100$ payment to make on my lights (2 Gen 3 Radion Pro's) that I bought 5 months ago.
Been worth every penny though imo. Just for the light it self because I don't use all the clouds and thunderstorms. I love being able to finely tune my spectrum even though I don't make many changes anymore.
I do also like the Orphek lights and want to try out either the new pendent light or the compact... With all dual chips. V2.1B.

Just wish they'd lower their prices! https://orphek.com/atlantik-compact-wifi/

Back