Are there any 34g Solana owners in the club?

I am, picked mine up from -B- in December and have had it running since. Absolutely love it. I'll be posting some pics up real soon once I the corals a little more organized.

I really hope to join the Solana club, now I'm curious as to your ?'s.

Nothing major just a micro bubble issue with the skimmer, everything else is great! I am being told that the skimmer with throw tons of bubbles untill it builds up a bit of a slime and I just wanted to see if any other people were/did have that issue with there when new.

Last edited:
I am, picked mine up from -B- in December and have had it running since. Absolutely love it. I'll be posting some pics up real soon once I the corals a little more organized.

Any skimmer issues when it was new? Also, how do you have your rear compartments setup? mainly the center one?

I have the 1st containing the skimmer, second has nothing and the 3rd has the heater,return and the PH probe for the AC

My skimmer was overflowing continuously for quite awhile in the beginning as well. Now that it has been running and built up some slime it works great. I only have 1 clown in the tank right now so there isn't much it's pulling out. I have my middle compartment filled with marco rubble and my temp probe/return in the right. I don't have a heater in mine since my condo never goes below 75. I did build a custom top out of 1/4" clear mesh and a screen frame to combat jumpers because the glass was causing heat issues with the MH. The only thing I have left to find is a check valve for the return line so when I do water changes the water doesn't flood the back compartments :(

My skimmer was overflowing continuously for quite awhile in the beginning as well. Now that it has been running and built up some slime it works great. I only have 1 clown in the tank right now so there isn't much it's pulling out. I have my middle compartment filled with marco rubble and my temp probe/return in the right. I don't have a heater in mine since my condo never goes below 75. I did build a custom top out of 1/4" clear mesh and a screen frame to combat jumpers because the glass was causing heat issues with the MH. The only thing I have left to find is a check valve for the return line so when I do water changes the water doesn't flood the back compartments :(

Ok cool, I'll give the skimmer some time then. right now I have that glass cover but that thing is to thin and I will end up breaking that eventually, I may make something similar to cover mine.

Hey are you using the ATO to dose? I was thinking of putting in my ALK in one bottle and CAL in the other. I'm not going to run a reactor.

I just got a solana as well but I didn't go with the metal halides, I went with the HO T5s. I also heard about the micro bubble issue. I haven't started the skimmer up yet because I just set the tank up- but I'll let you know how it goes when I do :)

i have one!

I'm a 34G Solana owner. Best tank I have ever had. The tank looks great and I have had no problems. I also havent had any micro bubbles. Great decision and 1 tip: Make sure the tank is FULLY LEVELED.. That's all. Any other questions?? PM ME!! =)

I was going to use the ATO for dosing, but so far water changes are enough to keep the levels in check. It is an LPS tank with a few montis. What's with the fully leveled in caps? Did you have any problems? Mine's off by a 1/16th-1/8th of an inch or so front to back.

Pech, I am having problems with the overflow having the tank off-level. The skimmer portion of the tank has way too much water and I cant put the skimmer collection cup in without it floating away.. =)

I was going to use the ATO for dosing, but so far water changes are enough to keep the levels in check. It is an LPS tank with a few montis. What's with the fully leveled in caps? Did you have any problems? Mine's off by a 1/16th-1/8th of an inch or so front to back.

Mine is off about the same left to right but I don't see it as an issue.

Back