ATI LED Powermodule

uhupong

BRS Member
I am back in the game after a hectic move of my 120G tank into a new house. I'm calling all ATI LED powermodule owners for their reviews, pro and con of the fixture.

My tank is 120G 4ft so im aiming to get 8 bulbs t5 version.

Since im out of the game for some time now, please also let me know if there are any other comparable lighting fixtures out there that i should also look.

Thanks !!!!
Pong

I just ordered the ATI sun power non-dimmable 6x54w for my 90g. Supposed to be here tomorrow, so obviously I can't report back on how I like it yet, but it seems like people love them.

I don't thibk they make the power modules anymore, or at least that I could find.

I did a lot of back and forth about what I wanted for lighting and when I finally decided t5 everything I read said get the sunpower, so if t5 is your thing, im sure theyll be the right choice. If you're still undecided feel free to shoot me a pm in a few days for my first impressions.

the new powermodule is the LED version
Read many tank threads on reef2reef site where alot of people are using this powermodule with LED, they all saying it's a great light.
very expensive though. and I am in the market for one ATI 8x24w with LED as well.

I just ordered the ATI sun power non-dimmable 6x54w for my 90g. Supposed to be here tomorrow, so obviously I can't report back on how I like it yet, but it seems like people love them.

I don't thibk they make the power modules anymore, or at least that I could find.

I did a lot of back and forth about what I wanted for lighting and when I finally decided t5 everything I read said get the sunpower, so if t5 is your thing, im sure theyll be the right choice. If you're still undecided feel free to shoot me a pm in a few days for my first impressions.

Last edited:
I have the 48" ATI sunpower dimmable 6 bulb t5 and have had good luck with it. Grows SPS and LPS well and gives a good spread on my 150 gallon with it centered. My only problem I had was a couple of ballasts went, but ATI customer service was right there to help. Looking at the price difference now I think I should have just went with the non-dimmable version probably would have had less problems.

I have a 48" ATI 8 bulb, 3x175w LED, and love it. The only issues I had/have with it, is that I cannot control thru my Apex, and couldn't use my Mac for setup. I got a great deal on it from Greg at Underwater World in Taunton .

Good luck Derek

I have a 48" ATI 8 bulb, 3x175w LED, and love it. The only issues I had/have with it, is that I cannot control thru my Apex, and couldn't use my Mac for setup. I got a great deal on it from Greg at Underwater World in Taunton .

Good luck Derek
Man, 8x54w plus 3x175w led? That is a lot of power. More watts than running 2x400watts mh

Yes also curious on the electric bill as well.

Man, 8x54w plus 3x175w led? That is a lot of power. More watts than running 2x400watts mh

Yes also curious on the electric bill as well.

Ya I guess it is. I had a post about my electric bill. I have 4 kids, 3 at home so a lot of stuff on, but since the rte hike I am at $360/month. I am not sure how how much is the tank, but I am running some DC pumps, so maybe that helps? LOL

Derek

Back