ATO options direct to RODI

Corwyn

I am in Raynham
I have a red sea
e170 with the sump and ato tank. the tank is in my home office so normally I just do everything manually and that is fine.

But we are going away and the usual suspects who take care of my tank are either coming with or are out of town as well.

So I thought I would try one of the float valves with an adjustable tank mount for my sump.
But it doesn't seem to be strong enough to shut off the RODI system when the float comes up.
Any one have any ideas how to get a bigger float on it.
Or some other cheaper way of doing it without having to go to a larger tank and a pump in the that tank.

I was looking at something like this on amazon but I am not sure if this is all I need with a direct hookup to the RODI line.

I cant tell if this includes everything.

Or any other suggestion without having to drop a couple of $100?

I cut a 3 x 5” or similar sized high density foam then drill a hole smaller than the diameter of the float and insert it firmly halfway into the float. The added buoyancy give it additional uplift needed to overcome the RO system pressure at the valve opening flap. You can also use this foam method to control water level of your ATO if you don’t have an adjustable float valve by trimming the foam piece longer or shorter as needed to activate valve opening position. The trick here is drilling a hole using a holesaw that is small enough to slide half way over the float valve really snuggly so that it does not rotate under tension as the water level rise. Hope this helps. I can take some pictures if needed.

I cut a 3 x 5” or similar sized high density foam then drill a hole smaller than the diameter of the float and insert it firmly halfway into the float. The added buoyancy give it additional uplift needed to overcome the RO system pressure at the valve opening flap. You can also use this foam method to control water level of your ATO if you don’t have an adjustable float valve by trimming the foam piece longer or shorter as needed to activate valve opening position. The trick here is drilling a hole using a holesaw that is small enough to slide half way over the float valve really snuggly so that it does not rotate under tension as the water level rise. Hope this helps. I can take some pictures if needed.
thanks I would appreciate a pic because I am not sure I am following you

Attachments

• 74D99908-10C8-40AD-86EC-3DA86971AD54.jpeg
    74D99908-10C8-40AD-86EC-3DA86971AD54.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 65ED367A-47EE-4C03-B033-4006BCEDA70D.jpeg
    65ED367A-47EE-4C03-B033-4006BCEDA70D.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 111
  • 8B9AB736-92C5-4A90-9DF1-71F6517A1657.jpeg
    8B9AB736-92C5-4A90-9DF1-71F6517A1657.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 111
Back