Basement sump build pics

mikenjo

Non-member
]here are a few pics of my new basement sump it is feeding a 90 gallon on the first floor,any comments good or bad would be good.i sure i made some mistakes but that is part of the learning process.i still need to add an auto top off and a frag tank which will go to the left of the sump on the table mms_picture.jpg0123111339a.jpgsump photos.jpgsump photo.jpgIMG_2428.jpg

Looks good, I would put a gate valve mod on the skimmer though, makes it easier to adjust and will cut down on noise, splashing, and salt creep.

Nice,it's looking really good.
Glad to see you zip tied the work lamp.
Just make sure it can't swivel down into the water.
I have a very similar set up,just have a seperate 20L for my refugium.

Looks good, I would put a gate valve mod on the skimmer though, makes it easier to adjust and will cut down on noise, splashing, and salt creep.
i think i will do that mod also once i was sure that the skimmer was large enough on this setup
Nice neat job.I wish I had a big fish room like yours.Tank looks great too.
thanks i had the sump under the tank for years and got sick of working on it, this is much easier
Nice,it's looking really good.
Glad to see you zip tied the work lamp.
Just make sure it can't swivel down into the water.
I have a very similar set up,just have a seperate 20L for my refugium.

the light is temporary until i get a new fixture

Is that Bathroom / water resistant sheetrock or standard drywall? You may find that having the sump so close to the wall will cause salt and moisture isues down the road. I found out the hard way. The salt will stain the sheetrock and the moiosture may cause bubbling over time. Putting a tarp up or even clear plastic behind the sump will save it. Just tack up some plastic.

Back