Best algae clean up crew?

ty.

Non-member
I had one of my pumps in my biocube fail on Friday night, and I couldn't get the replacement until Tuesday. In that time some algae grew on the glass.

I've added a UV, but surprised the algae hasn't left faster. I've done two water changes, added a UV filter, and still the algae has only reduced by about 20%.

I hear tangs are a great option, but my tank is 28g, and I won't be able to upgrade for about 1.5 years. What are some other options that are readily available locally?

What type of algae is it? GFO and more water changes should help. FWIW, I've always been a fan of trochus snails because of their ability to right themselves.

astrea snails, nassarius snails, scarlet or blue leg hermits, etc. it just depends on the tank and what kind of algae, like others have mentioned. let us know more and we are happy to help!

Based on the online research, I think it is green alagae, but I'm new to SW tanks.
Here's a picture. TIA
Algae.JPG

Algae is a good thing, too much algae is a problem but that's. It. Food for trochus snails if you ask me

I'm also a big fan of black footed trochus snail for general algae clean up crew.
Fighting conch for the sandbed.

Back