Best bang for buck Reef approved MG supplement.

chew*

Murphy's Law
Been trying to figure out a way to save a little cash on MG without using sewer grade chemicals. I think I've finally found a good candidate, Mind you it still costs more than sewergrade.........however its reef approved and is indeed not relabeled magflake.......

Been using this stuff for about a week now and intentionally let my display get down to 1200 MG which then I procedded to dose daily till I reached 1500MG. I took phosphate samples before and after.03 before and a week later .04.

http://www.seachem.com/products/product_pages/ReefAdvMagnesium.html

I just ordered a 4 kilo jar of it for $60. This should cost substatially less than liquid forms of MG.

Ingredients for those interested are magnesium sulfate,sodium chloride.

The Dead Seawork Mag Chloride is not a sewer grade chemicals. You might look around for someone who has some left over from the group buy.

More or less referring to actual magflake greg, but I'm all set now, was trying to find a more affordable substitute with lower phosphates if you will for B-ionic which is also magnesium sulfate. Just thought I might share my findings for those looking for a cheaper substitute to ESV and kent liquid MG supplements.

Excuse my slang of sewer grade please, More or less referring to where icemelt ends up.

Fwiw jeremy refuses to use the "group buy" MG, In passing conversation he mentioned the bucket turning green, Of course it's an assumption but I'm guessing it has a fare share of phosphates, part of my quest was for a lower phosphate solution.

Last edited:
Maybe you should try SEWER GRADE.
Maybe your nitrates will come down from the 80 mark, Brian.lol
Just goofin...

I like using the sewer grade stuff seems to work great for me.
But thanks for the info.

Maybe you should try SEWER GRADE.
Maybe your nitrates will come down from the 80 mark, Brian.lol
Just goofin...

Now if there was actual documented results I might try that, I've tried everything else :( I more or less switched due to price and phosphates..........ESV apparently at least the batch I had contained a decent amount of phophates.

For the record results were obtained with a hanna phosphate low range photo meter.

Last edited:
Been trying to figure out a way to save a little cash on MG without using sewer grade chemicals. I think I've finally found a good candidate, Mind you it still costs more than sewergrade.........however its reef approved and is indeed not relabeled magflake.......

Been using this stuff for about a week now and intentionally let my display get down to 1200 MG which then I procedded to dose daily till I reached 1500MG. I took phosphate samples before and after.03 before and a week later .04.

http://www.seachem.com/products/product_pages/ReefAdvMagnesium.html

I just ordered a 4 kilo jar of it for $60. This should cost substatially less than liquid forms of MG.

Ingredients for those interested are magnesium sulfate,sodium chloride.

I was looking to buy this exact product so I'm glad to hear you are having good luck with it.

Back