Best DIY Canister Filter

RandyStacyE

Non-member
I have went round and round trying to find the most economical, highest performing, lowest maintenance canister filter for my money. I almost bought a Hot Magnum but no filter seemed worth the dough. So I made my own. Shown below:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2130240017&idx=1

All you need is a decent inline pump or submersible; however it best suits your system. When the sediment filter becomes expired, cut away the filter material and you will be left with a plastic core. Simply wrap polyfill sheet or felt around the core and SHAZAM?..a DIY filter element. I like to use kite string to bind the material to the core.

I guarantee this filter will out perform any other prefab filter in cost, performance, and reliability.

Where did you get this filter housing randy? I'm looking for a source for a housing like that, but about half the standard size to make in-line carbon and rowa-phos filters.

Nate

Sorry Imagestation sucks. I put the pics on my (work in progress) web site:
www.randystacye.com

Sorry for the long delay. I bought the housing from someone on eBay. I've found that eBay is the cheapest supplier. Locally I can't find a clear filter that's reasonably priced. I think I bought mine for like $12.00

Back