Best Glue For Coral

Reefried

In need of Reefhab
Hey this may sound silly but I've never had to glue or epoxy a frag/coral in place, I just always find a place and it eventually grabs hold by itself. But I have one pesky acro frag (its actually 5 inches tall) what can I use? I hope I dont have to let rock dry or anything. P.S. I HOPE THIS BELONGS HERE NOT IN DIY

I usually super glue the acro to a piece of rock, then super glue the bottom of the rock, add some Aquamend and then another few drops of super glue to the bottom of the Aquamend and press onto LR, I've never had a piece come loose.

First where do I get aquamend?, and when you glue what do you tip the frag upside down and just let the bottom tip stick out of the water or do you take it all out??? And does the super glue do anything bad to the system chemically??

I used to use the two-part epoxies like Aqua-Mend (which can be found at HD and Lowes in the tape/glue section).

I now only use super glue gel (regular super glue doesn't work well under water). Don't fear the super glue, it won't harm anything and I've found it's much less disturbing to my aquarium than the two part epoxies. Just dab some on the frag and find a place to stick it ;)

Yeah I bought some boston aqua farms gel super glue, regular thickness glue and the deltec putty. I use whatever I need depending on the application.

First where do I get aquamend?, and when you glue what do you tip the frag upside down and just let the bottom tip stick out of the water or do you take it all out??? And does the super glue do anything bad to the system chemically??

Aquamend can be bought at Home Depot. You can take the coral out of the tank when you glue. I wouldn't think anyone would take more than 5 minutes to glue a frag on a piece of rock. I have no problem with chemical reaction with super glue or aquamend.

The IC -gel is the best in my opinion but any super glue gel has worked well for me. You can get CVS brand super glue gel for like a dollar and change.

AG has the BSI IC-gel in 20gram tubes ans so does Coleen's in Canton,
MA-I believe for 6-7.99$?? not sure-but great stuff, you can glue underwater if you like and it is perfectly reef-safe:)

I just learned from Mike G that if you use the superglue Gel, you can take the coral out of the water, apply the gel, and stick it onto the rock in the water... You just have to hold it there for about a minute and it will harden quickly. The great thing about using the superglue is that it does not look ugly like the Aquamend and it does not make the Skimmer go as crazy when you use the aquamend.

Scott

Back