best place to buy sand/best sand?

Marie

Non-member
I am looking for sand for a reef tank- not too fine, don't like sandstorms...
Don't care if it is live or not.

Any recommendations?

I got dry sand from marco rocks. Pretty cheap and a nice size. I have about 30x flow in the DT and dont have issues with sandstorms.

I've had Marco sand and while yes very nice, if you have fish that like to re-deposit, spit or move it with their tail you will end up with sand storms for a while until it matures.
After 14months mine never really stayed put so I swapped it out for a heavier grain.

I've had Marco sand and while yes very nice, if you have fish that like to re-deposit, spit or move it with their tail you will end up with sand storms for a while until it matures.
After 14months mine never really stayed put so I swapped it out for a heavier grain.

You bought that a while ago right? Marco now has at least two grain sizes. I bought the larger grain from him when I started my 120 and topped off with a similar grain size from KCA in Auburn. Never had any issues with sand storms unless I mis-directed a power head towards it.

I got my Fiji pink from unique aquaria at I think 11 dollars for 20 lbs of live sand. Also Mr. X we are setting the tank up Friday :)

Back