Best place to buy cleanup crew

krsdev

Non-member
Looking for the best place to buy snails, crabs, ect. I bought on some website before and was very disappointed in the size of the livestock that was sent.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Believe it or not petco is where I just recently got mine they're running a special most of them are a buck apiece. But had no luck with the black margaritas everything else worked pretty good going to go back and buy 20 more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The petco near me is absolutely ravaged with nearly every obvious disease you can name, I would love to pick up some snails but wouldn't feel real comfortable with it.

I have used liveaquaria before for the build a crew package option. However I personally wouldn't risk a live shipment on a UPS truck this time of year.

Tropical isle in framingham usually has a good selection of fish and inverts.

I just ordered several fish from LiveAquaria last week. Unless there is snow in the forecast, I wouldn't worry. All the fish look more healthy than anything I've ever bought from an LFS.

Check local fish stores, underwater world in taunton, which is local to me, always has a good assortment of stuff, I pop in and grab $20 worth here and there to keep up with my wrasses who eat everything I put in there. Good to support our sponsors too

I placed my first two orders with LA the last two weeks, first shipment was 5 dead anthias, next was a live fish from DD. So I'm 50/50.

I placed my first two orders with LA the last two weeks, first shipment was 5 dead anthias, next was a live fish from DD. So I'm 50/50.

I always have better results from DD compared to LA. They pack better IMO. Although it's coming from Wisconsin instead of California so maybe the actual transit time is lower.

Oddly, I think the LA orders are in transit less time because of the time difference. I didn't get my shipping confirmation from LA till like 8pm where as I got it at 6pm from WI.

I bought a reef cleanup crew on the build out from Aquarium Depot I believe and everything was alive but tiny tiny tiny critters

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

I would caution against aquarium depot AKA REES2GO they are basically the puppy mills of tbe reefing hobby check out the reviews online

Back