Best size to start with ???

WOW......Thank you all very much for the replies. I will go with a bigger one. I love the 120 foot print 4x2x2 so I will search for one of them.

I started with a 55g and now I regret it. I want to get my hands on of the 4', 120g. They look so nice, even though some people suggest the 6' over the 4' 120's because the fish will have more space to swim sideways. I like the 4' better:p

Seeing how this has become a,"I like" thread.
I like my 90 gallon...:p....that would be my size for a first tank.
But,I wish I had a 500 gallon.;)

I agree with Bob" I like my 90 gallon...:p....that would be my size for a first tank.
But,I wish I had a 500 gallon."
I like my 75, I know its not a 120, but its enough to get started, and see if you like the hobby, and have the time to commit to it. I have only had this tank for <6mos, I have had a 55gal to skinny. I would love to get a bigger tank, but for right now im enjoying this one. Whatever size you get just make sure you take the time to enjoy the process. Just my .02
Derek

After long discussions with the Mrs, I was able to convince her to upgrade from a 29 up to a 54 corner tank, but because of space it had to be a corner tank. It is beautiful but also a pain whenever you want to get at the specs of the sump down within the stand... just too much crammed in and very little working room... so a big stand with easy access would be ideal.

I started with a 58 Reef ready tank. avoid tanks that aren't drilled. Overflow kits require maintenance and can fault. Definitely want to start on the high end of the spectrum, stay away from nano tanks unless your extremely anal or extremely experienced.

I agree with this, it is a good size to get your feet wet. Enough depth but short enough to not break the bank lighting and equiptment wise. For under 100g I would say the 58/65gal is proably my all time favorite.

I should have just skipped my 135g and gone with 58g. I would probably still have it instead of the upgrade in size & down grade of electrical draw with my 200g...... Well maybe I might ;)

Back