BiGGiePauls33 Dream Build | Assembling the System

Synergy Triton TS-60 Sump came today. Super clean and the build quality is amazing. Going to layout and dry fir the plumbing either later tonight or tomorrow after holiday food shopping. Stoked to say the least on getting this beast wet.
TS-60 sump pic side shot.jpg

Nice, the tank is 3/4" glass on all sides and bottom as well?
3/4" on all sides, 7/8" on the bottom and 5/8" on the euro brace. Built like a tank, think it weighed 600 pounds

I did a very similar thing to reefbum hanging lights on my tank, worked out really well

Attachments

• lights on rail 2.jpg
    lights on rail 2.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 55
  • light 1.jpg
    light 1.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 56
  • light 2.jpg
    light 2.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 58
  • light 5.jpg
    light 5.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 54
I did a very similar thing to reefbum hanging lights on my tank, worked out really well
Nice, I'm ready to go, just need to mount them but working on plumbing currently, I have two rails with two lights on each rail. Not sure if I'll leave it this way or run half the light on each rail perpendicular to the tank
PXL_20231221_020310465 (1).jpg

Just about done with dry fitting the plumbing.
PXL_20231222_193426885 (1).jpg

PXL_20231222_160716579 (1).jpg

Need to add a couple unions on the return and plumb the emergency when I get more fittings and pipe but overall I'm happy with the way it's coming out. Open to suggestions, and thought about utilizing manifold I built for the last system, but never used, so figuring I wouldn't use it here either. I'll plumb the Pentair UV in at a later date.

You could always do what I did on my last tank. Buy extra unions and make a section for the manifold. Until you decide you need it, it's just a straight pipe. When you need the manifold build it the same length and just swap out the straight pipe.

I bought extra unions at the same time to ensure that the threading/etc. didn't change over time. Was easy to swap in/out either the straight pipe or manifold when I needed it.

You could always do what I did on my last tank. Buy extra unions and make a section for the manifold. Until you decide you need it, it's just a straight pipe. When you need the manifold build it the same length and just swap out the straight pipe.

I bought extra unions at the same time to ensure that the threading/etc. didn't change over time. Was easy to swap in/out either the straight pipe or manifold when I needed it.
PXL_20231222_211914912 (1).jpg

That was my plan, thanks for the suggestion. When are you getting wet again?

Reactions: MrX
Just about done with dry fitting the plumbing.View attachment 200693
View attachment 200694
Need to add a couple unions on the return and plumb the emergency when I get more fittings and pipe but overall I'm happy with the way it's coming out. Open to suggestions, and thought about utilizing manifold I built for the last system, but never used, so figuring I wouldn't use it here either. I'll plumb the Pentair UV in at a later date.

Paul,

Looking good man. What size pipe are you using. I have a decent amount of schedule 80 fittings. I could go in the basement and take a pic of what I have if you want.

Mike.

Back