BiGGiePauls33 Dream Build | Assembling the System

Is this thing wet yet??!!
nope, waiting on final plumbing, hopefully this weekend. Got the lights hung though the other day.
PXL_20240103_201245341 (1) (1).jpg

Go the lights hung finally the way I want them for maximum light distribution. Originally I had them this way but couldn't get them to sit right. Under further inspection, I had one of the mounting bolts/tab inserted the wrong way which didn't allow the lights to freely move in the aluminum bar. Hoping to mount the drivers to the underside of equipment cabinet and bore a hole for the cables running to the tank.
PXL_20240105_192434642 (1) (1).jpg

How are the corals doing in their holding tubs?
Some are good, some are ok and some not so much, friggin' UPS just rescheduled the last of my plumbing from today to Monday, but with the looming storm who really knows if that'll happen.

Filled the system with tap water yesterday and worked out a leak at a 45* and coupler on my return plumbing. Luckily I had some extra 90* laying around and more pipe. About to cement those to the system and see what happens, fingers crossed, no more leaks, lol. Lights look amazing over an empty filled tank last night so can't wait to see the rockwork and coral in place.

Fixed the leaking 45 and coupler with a new piece of pipe and some 90's. Been running strong for a few hours now. Of course the bulkheads are 1 1/2" and I need a 9" piece to put on the bottom side of the drain for noise reduction. New day tomorrow bright and early.

Fixed the leaking 45 and coupler with a new piece of pipe and some 90's. Been running strong for a few hours now. Of course the bulkheads are 1 1/2" and I need a 9" piece to put on the bottom side of the drain for noise reduction. New day tomorrow bright and early.

I have some red 1 1/2” pvc if you want it? Definitely more than 9”. I know your plumbing is blue so probably not

I have some red 1 1/2” pvc if you want it? Definitely more than 9”. I know your plumbing is blue so probably not
Appreciate it, I went to Lowe's and got some regular white schedule 40, can't really see it so no big deal. This system is waaaaaay quieter than the last. About to punch a couple holes from the boiler room to garage and garage to outside for rodi line and drains. Figured it'll be about a day and half or so to refill it h tank with clean water, I'll mis the salt in the tank and then rock work accordingly.

PXL_20240115_201347352.MP.jpg

Still lots to do like encase the mounts in the ceiling, mount UV, install ghl goodies, going with optical and mechanical sensor and floats for top off. Have a wireless card for communication of lights, KH Director, dosers etc to install and configure. Little by slow, it's coming along.

Back