black pvc pipe and fittings.

mpsteve

Sps connoisseur
where do you guys get your black pvc pipe and fittings. nothing at home depot or lowes so im stumped. id rather not buy online, i need to have hands on to see how everything comes together. i live in salem/pelham nh

If it's black it's usually painted. you can get dark grey but you usually have to order it online (and it can be hard to find Sch40 fittings in grey, though they are out there. Don't bother with Sch80, total waste of money for our applications)

say i wanted to connect 2 90 deg fittings i would need street style fittings not slip style correct? the slip style fittings only allow pipe to slip into them right?

black pvc is sch. 80 pvc white is sch. 40 its just a different color because its different thickness. if you go to any supply house and ask for sch. 80 they should have it

i cant find any 90deg black street fittings, i might just have to use slip fittings and just cut some pipe to go in them but keep them snug together for the look im going for

ok couple more questions. im building a 120g 4x2x2 tank, 40g breeder for a sump. as of right now i am planing on having a eheim 1260 return pump, and im going to be using a bm-nac7 skimmer in sump. will this setup work fine? i wanna do 2 1 inch drains to sump. what size return should i use? also i will have a mp40esw and 2 tunze 6025 modded for power heads. also this tank will be mostly zoas, palys, lps, and a couple monti caps. no sps as of right now. i thing the power heads are more then enough flow for what i wanna keep. so im not looking for the return to be a huge source of water flow

black pvc is sch. 80 pvc white is sch. 40 its just a different color because its different thickness. if you go to any supply house and ask for sch. 80 they should have it

Just to clarify;
Sch80 is for high pressure applications, the fittings are beefier, and the pipe has a SMALLER ID for the same size pipe, and it's always Grey
Sch40 is for lower pressure applications, the fittings are thinner walled and the pipe is also thinner walled making for a larger ID, and it's usually white BUT can be had in grey.

I don't know what that black canadian stuff is :)

Thx. I think glass-holes has a better selection. But Thx non the less. Any input on the setup I mentioned above?

hey mpsteve,
go to Jay's. they have all kinds of black pvm plumbing for your needs. and Jay is just a couple of miles from Pelham

Hey thanks. I'm real friendly with jay and his dad. I drove by the other day and was going to go check if they carried obv fittings now. But I couldn't, had my daughter in the car and she started crying. I'll go there today

Back