Boston Reefers Evolving Arduino Build

26th works for me I will be back from vacation then. I am open to as where.( rather not to far North ).

Any thoughts on a meetup/catchup for July 26th? Or possibly mid August?

Maybe someones house, or library, heck we can even go to Jillians in Boston ;)

Throw some ideas and dates around

26th should work for me. Our meeting location should be somewhere that allows us to use electricity, soldering irons (possibly), etc. I don't think Jillian's would appreciate (or allow) that kind of stuff in there.

Is this a sanctioned BRS meeting? Would we be able to use any money to rent a space if we needed to?

I'd volunteer my house if MrsX goes along with it. I have a couple tables I could move out into the driveway / garage and we could work on things there.

Who is still involved in this project? Chime in on this thread so we can get an idea. Based on the activity I have:

MrX
Phinfan
jason401
ro_nicu
molo41
jamesdong009
bdaley (if he wants back in)
dilligaf29
craigk
RiverRat

Anyone else partaking/interested in a late July meeting?

If we met for 2-3 hours we should be able to get everyone up to speed on the first 3 or 4 items from the earlier list:

1) Finish up getting people running with 4 controllable outlets (we all already have the parts)
2) Finish up getting people running with their temp sensor (I can show how to easily wire up a board to run multiple sensors)
3) Get the code running for 1 & 2 above
4) Get the network port configure/running to pull the Date/Time from an NTP server; ideally you could use this instead of, or with an RTC. On startup the board could poll for the date/time, compare it to the RTC, and update it

Is this a sanctioned BRS meeting?

No, unfortunatley this is not a sanctioned meeting :eek: That's Awesome of you to offer your house for availability. I have no issues driving up there. I know there's some Rhody's in this build. I have no problem car pooling too

Lets let others chime in for some ideas.

That would be great I'm sure if everyone threw in a few bucks we could buy some pizza and soda.

Also a reminder that is the same date as the cook out at LTR.

Bah! We scheduled this meet-up first. Archit should reschedule his. :p

There's probably not a lot of overlap between people who want to attend the two events. I know if I tried dragging FamilyX up to LTR again they'd shoot me.

Bah! We scheduled this meet-up first. Archit should reschedule his. :p

There's probably not a lot of overlap between people who want to attend the two events. I know if I tried dragging FamilyX up to LTR again they'd shoot me.

probably not much of an overlap but it would be nice, at least for some people, to kill two birds with one stone, not me though.

also, what time are you guys aiming for? I got some things that need to be done on that day but maybe I can shuffle things around.

Back