Boston Reefers Evolving Arduino Build

We still meeting?

Who is going... so far the only definite responses I see are me, Phinfan, and Jason401. Couple others have said maybe (molo41, ro_nicu, rone).

Do you think we should hold off till next month. I don't want to see this project end, but summer months are tough and LTR cook out,is probably taking away from this.

Haven't seen Anthony chime in, but as of now it's just three of us (Me, Joe, Jason). If you guys want we could just meet/talk at the cook-out, I don't think Archit would mind.

What do you guys think?

WARNING!!! Do not use the temp probes!

!!!WARNING!!!

Was doing my water change today and cleaning all the pumps, along with the sump area, when I happened to see my temp probes from the Arduino build were all bubbled/rusted.

BadTempProbes.jpg

I just put in some new filter floss, carbon, and chemipure the other day so I'm not too worried.

If anyone is using the temp probes from the Arduino build I would take them out and discontinued use.

FWIW, this took some time to happen; last time I saw/moved them they were fine.

Now we need to find a different temp probe, preferably one entirely covered in plastic/rubber.

Adhesive lined marine shrink tube overlapping the existing shrink tube about 1/2 inch each end should prevent that, I would not try to reuse an RTD like pictured above.

Jim

They sell heat shrink rubber caps that should also work as well.

Huge props for bring this to every ones attention :eagerness:

I'll get an email out the makers ASAP! and see what they say

Nice catch, glad you caught it early enough without any harm to the tank

Back