BRS "DUAL" GFO and Carbon Reactor opinions

I use a single. It works great i run gfo and carbon in it. I just run a tee off my return with a ball valve.

How big is your tank?

You can run both in a single reactor as long as you don't need to large of quantities, just like mchud said.

I am using the Dual reactor setup T'd off my return pump. Our system is ~90 gallons.

I like the easy of changing media over others like the Two Little Fishy reactor where you have a billion thumb screws to tighten and loosen.

my total volume is around 120.. my only prob with the two little fishies is that i have the 150 and based on the size i can't do 12 cups (1 cup per 10 gallons) of activated carbon and GFO.. you can do less... but seems like a headache to change it twice a month and the GFO once a month..

I have one

I like it. I have the dual one because I figured if I bought the single, then I would want the double and would have the expense of upgrading. Changing the media is easy with the dual, probably less so with the single unless you are changing everything at the same time.

my total volume is around 120.. my only prob with the two little fishies is that i have the 150 and based on the size i can't do 12 cups (1 cup per 10 gallons) of activated carbon and GFO.. you can do less... but seems like a headache to change it twice a month and the GFO once a month..

Well, IIRC the BRS reactor has a top compartment for carbon, and a bottom compartment for GFO, making it much easier to change them out, and keep them serperate.

I have the single. Very well built and easy to install. I run mine off a MJ900. you can't get 12 cups into the double if you are planning on that much. I can put about 3 cups in my single. but I use GFO in it, so I don't need that much. Definately well built though, after all its a RO body.

I have the single chamber but dual catridge. I wish I'd gone with the dual chamber.
I'm only running carbon right now until I order a second chamber and then add a little bit of GFO.
It's freaking hard to run two media in the same chamber. Those GFO are pretty nasty stuff.

After hearing about how much Blueflu1 liked his I ordered the single today. Also went with the 5 stage RODI unit!! One less trip to the LFS for water.

yeah, it just filter housing linked together with a canister inside the housing to hold the media. I don't see why you can't put one together.
But I think the price turns out to be pretty close.

I'm not sure how much the john guest fittings are, but the housings are 18.50 with shipping. It would be close.

you don't need that much carbon,1 cup per 100 gallons would be closer to the req amount

Back