Calling all lighting experts

SteveDola

Good Tings
BRS Member
I have a question in regards to Radion v AI. I have a 15g waterbox penisula tank and was thinking of swapping from my AI HD16 to a Radion 15 or 30...is this over kill? are there any advantages? better shimmer? Par? color?

Has anyone done this swap or have multiple tanks with different lighting options? Just doing some invesigation.

they radions will be over power BUT you can dial it down. i would definitely recommend using a par meter to get perfect par throughout. also the radions will give you better color options compared to the ai's.

Ever thought of adding a second prime? You’ll have better spread if you want to keep sps with 2 separate light sources than a single one. You can even tilt the primes where the radions are fixed.

Following to see what you decide..I'm also using a prime on a wb15 mini peninsula. I also feel pretty "meh" about it.

I have a kessil a360we on another small tank and I really like it. The model I have doesn't have the controllability of the prime or the radion though.

I have a question in regards to Radion v AI. I have a 15g waterbox penisula tank and was thinking of swapping from my AI HD16 to a Radion 15 or 30...is this over kill? are there any advantages? better shimmer? Par? color?

Has anyone done this swap or have multiple tanks with different lighting options? Just doing some invesigation.
Looking into radions here also. Watching vids. Great thread.

Don't laugh I run kessil a360x over 13.5g it's barely on. Lol. But the tank is banging. Lol. Big tank need better than ai I think.

Back