Can't Beat Algae? Join them!

But if you let your bubble algae grow to a large colony, it'll probably look cool too. Especially those red slimy one. :D

I bet he doesn't have any nitrates or phosphates... Lol. That's actually pretty cool. A very uncommon approach to this hobby for sure.
And yeah i'm sure much of that algae came from places like Reefs2Go. I'm actually in the process of setting up a macro algae area in my sump myself.
Trying something different than the chaeto approach as I wasn't too fond of the stuff personally.

my snails read this thread and decided to join.
kind of fashionable for a snail I guess

P1010070.jpg

I put him in there to fight the war on hair algae and the little bugger joined the other side

Sent from my gadget using Trippytalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1376451831.942365.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1376451831.942365.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 191
Lol could've been worse. If he were a turbo he could carry twice as much algae around hahaha. Now you need a snail to clean your snail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Lol! That's one smart snail then! I'd feel like a spiny star astrea would be a more likely candidate for a ninja snail though hahaha.

Funny, I was just on that site a few hours ago shopping around. Group buy? Lol.

I will definitely run a marine planted tank(organized refugium) on my next tank. These are very beneficial in filtering and conditioning the water. Also provided food for tangs and other herbivore.

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back