cleaning glass were it wont scratch

Mike Paul

reefaholic
Hi so I jus picked up brand new tank and was hoping to gauge some ideas on how to properly clean the glass without scratching it all up every tank ive had I end up putting these nice big scratches in I was using a blue pad they sell at petco for glass its like 2$ ive stopped using those and bought a kent marine cleaner tool comes with three different attachments theres a blade one a scrubby pad and a plastic one is this a good peice to clean with(will post pic) and not scratch and how do u guys clean your tank walls inside and out without scratching it up thank you for your time

IME scratches usually happen due to sand or other curd getting in between whatever pad or scraper and the glass.

I've used utility knife style razor blades for years with no problems. Just remember to only use them once so they don't get rough from rust.

I agree, I normally just use a razor blade, the mag pad things are ok, where people have problems are not taking it out between cleanings. I have then for quick cleanings but I don't leave them on the tank so crap can find it's way between the glass and the pad.

Bdaley isthat a mushroom as your profile pic that thing looks sweet but yeah I take it out I barely use that algea scrubber I had the same problem with leavi g it in and getting stuff stuck on the pad how bout the outside u use atowel papertowel ive heard coffe filters I use watered down windex and newspaper is that bad

I bought the flipper.......works like a razor/credit card but built for the tank......sand is the only thing you need to watch when using the blade side.

So u guys just use a plastic credit card and it doesnt scratch your glass what about the outside how u guys clean that

I use Aqua Armor for glass.it leaves a protective film on the glass that the salt creep cant attach to. I apply it once a week and use a mirco fiber towel

Credit cards definitely work if you want your hands in the tank. I clean my glad every two-three days and prefer to keep my hands (and oils) out of the tank but both methods use the same premis.

Back