Compatability

Babie G

Non-member
Hi, I am new to a salt water aquarium. Having help from a friend but need more help. I have 2 orange clowns, 1 royal gramma and 1 yellow tang. Would like to know which fish I can add that will not harm these guys. Colorful ones is what i'd really like.
Also. Can someone suggest which anemone would be best for the clowns? Oh, it is also a 72 gallon bow front.
Thanks, Babie G

Last edited:
WelcomeBRS3.jpg

I know you said colorful but how about a lawnmower blenny, they more than make up for color w/ their personality.

Welcome aboard

Glad to see your first post. I don't know if you'd consider them colorful enough, but I love Bengai cardinals (spell check please!!) Very peaceful fish and usually prefer to be with a couple of others of the same.

I'm not sure about their anemone. Being that they closely resemble the Ocellaris, or percula I would assume that they'd enjoy the same type of anemone as those guys.

I'm not sure which one they'd prefer though.

Anyone?

Anyway once again welcome and don't be afraid to ask questions.

I agree with the Banggai (often spelled bangaii or banggai) cardinal. I have one and he is my favorite fish. He doesn't do much but hang out on the right side and look mean. He is always out though.

How about a yellow assessor. I had one until it dissapared recently. He was very peaceful.

Another would be a purple firefish. The purple ones are a little less common then the red ones but they are pretty cool for a small, peaceful fish.

I would get a bubble tip anemone. There is no way of telling if the clown will take to it though, but they often do. My clown took about a month to notice my BTA but now he wont leave it.

Last edited:
Back