Confused on the Library

Can somebody calrify something for me please... just about every item in the library has "nobody has this item" written in it... I would think that this means that it is available however some of thes books or tapes have a waiting list????? What does that verbage mean?

I aslo wonder if you have available recordings of your guest speakers... I noticed when I attend Steve Tyrees lecture on light spectrums and how corals use them someone was recording it....... it would be great if our club in Maine could borrow these... it will be a loooong time before we can get significant speakers up in our neck of the woods

Thanks for your help!
Denise Goodheart
Founder of SWAM (Saltwater Addicts of ME) and proud member of BRS

Thanks Armando!

I kinda wondered.. when I tried to reserve a tape.. it said I had to be a memeber etc

If I am interested in a book... do I just PM Greg... I think he is the one in charge of the library.... ???

Thanks again!
denise

i think the best way to get a book is to come to a meting and grab it from greg.

how do we reserve stuff? through the website? or just email him directly? i want a few books...

Best way is to contact Greg directly (via email) and ask him to bring the book/tape to the next meeting. Advance coordination is key.

Moe,

During MACNA, I pitched to the various vendors who had magazines and books etc., asking if they have any to donate to the BRS library. Most said they would and would talk to you or Scavo. Did anyone come through? Let me know, because I kept business cards.

Dave

Yeah, there were a whole bunch donated. Paula and Penman were telling me about the loot.
Sounds like Greg's crates of books might get a lot heavier. ;)

The library page is in disrepair I'm afraid. But it was actually pretty difficult for me to try and keep track of stuff there. For some time now it's been first come first served at the meetings. There are not very many books that have had a high demand for them. I typically bring the ENTIRE library to the meetings, but I may start to cull the number of books down that I always lug since some of them are never checked out (older books usually).

The only new book that the library has at the moment is the new Scott Micheals book (purchased for the library several months back). I've heard rumors of the other books that we received at MACNA, but I do not have them in my possession in the library, so I cannot comment on them.

Back