coral glue?

Joel A

Started over.
I don't have any more, and i was wondering if they sell any products that would be ok at like a home depot or lowes?

Or is it something that has to be ordered or bought from a fish place?

I don't have any more, and i was wondering if they sell any products that would be ok at like a home depot or lowes?

Or is it something that has to be ordered or bought from a fish place?

Super glue gel is just fine for gluing corals, I actually think it works better then some coral specific glues. HD has a 12 pack of the little tubes for not very much $.

Does it cure fast and underwater like the other stuff?

What brand do you use barry?

I had used the Boston Aqua Farms glue which I did not like. It does cure much faster then the Aqua Farms stuff.

Now I have some of the Super Glue Gel from the group buy which is Ethyl Cyanoacrylate Gel which is the same glue as the stuff from HD except it is in a much larger tube. I have used the stuff from HD and it works just as well as the group buy stuff.

Just go to where the glue is at your local HD and grab and "Multi Pack of The Original Super Glue Gel". Its a 12 pack of tubes, I think it was about 5 bucks.

Alright, thanks a million barry.

How is that AC jr working out?

I was just looking at the digital aquatics "ReefKeeper 2" and that seems like a really good controller for the money.

Alright, thanks a million barry.

How is that AC jr working out?

I was just looking at the digital aquatics "ReefKeeper 2" and that seems like a really good controller for the money.

The AC JR is working out great. I like not having a bunch of different timers for different lights and not having to manually turn the heaters up and down multiple times per day. I had thought about the ReefKeeper 2, but as it is new I would rather let other people use it first and find out the bugs and problems. So I played it safe and went with a tested controller.

Good to know.

I'm looking into one and trying to do the research atm. I really have nothing automated in my reef atm, which is actually kind of a PITA.

I don't want to spend 700 bucks on a controller though, thats why the AC JR and the RK2 jump out at me as good options.

Good to know.

I'm looking into one and trying to do the research atm. I really have nothing automated in my reef atm, which is actually kind of a PITA.

I don't want to spend 700 bucks on a controller though, thats why the AC JR and the RK2 jump out at me as good options.

Yea I couldn't justify the $$$$$$$ on the ACIII or ReefKeeper Elite. $224 for the JR with a DC8, temp probe and serial port was money well spent in my book. Using timers where you have to spin them around to set the time really sucks when you are trying to match the time with a few lights.

I have read some complaints about people thinking that Aqua Controllers were clumsy and difficult to program......I thought it was very simple and easy to do.

Yeah, i read the RK2 was really easy to program as well, which is huge for me, because i don't have any experience with anything like that. I mean i know what i'm doing on a computer, but not with crap like that.

There was a brand at my local hardware store that sold a type specifically for reef keepers, it should probably be at big name stores too.

i got something called loctite gel glue. Works great, just set it above water takes like 15 seconds.

i got something called loctite gel glue. Works great, just set it above water takes like 15 seconds.

I use the same thing and I really like it. But as others have said any Ethyl Cyanoacrylate product will work fine. Just make you you get the gel kind not the liquid stuff.

Back