Cost of 10lb Cylinder and Co2?

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
Where do you all get you co2 cylinders? How much does it cost to fill? I called the only place that is somewhat close to me, couple of towns over nad was quoted $170 for an empty 10LB. tank and exchanged would be $200. Does this seem right?

Wow, that’s insane!!
I use AIRGAS, put in you zip.....May have one near you.
Exchange my 20lb about every year and think it’s like $50??

Wow, that’s insane!!
I use AIRGAS, put in you zip.....May have one near you.
Exchange my 20lb about every year and think it’s like $50??
This is exactly the place I was referencing without dropping their name. I almost died, when the sales rep told me that price.

go to a local hydroponic store. I run through 20lbs weekly for my greenhouse. Refill is about $18. I own the tank.

Getting it filled is easy and cheap..... finding a canister is the tough part.

Be careful on what you buy and want to trade in, tropic isle was telling me they will only exchange certain kind and that buying a virgin one from Amazon won’t be accepted (for whatever reason)

I exchange CO2 tanks from AirGas.
For a 20lbs tank, the cost is about $36 to $40 because their CO2 price varies throughout the year.
An empty 10 lbs tank does cost $170, even on Amazon, I guess they are charging you $30 for 10 lbs of gas which is the normal price.
The benefit of Airgas is that all their CO2 is food grade. Also when you exchange a tank, you can be sured that you get a full tank of CO2 vs refilling it.

Last edited:
Thank god for having a hookup at airgas, I used to pay nothing and would exchange whenever needed when I had a calcium reactor setup.

I was thinking of running a calcium reactor and found a home brewing supply company close to my house that does co2 tank swaps. Never got a price as I decided to stick with dosing for now, but may be something to look into.

Back