Cracked 210 rr tank

okuma2977

210 with 75 gal refigium
Today I was cleaning my 210 gal tank while it was on end an as I was slideing an tilting it to get the water out the side panel cracked !!! My question is can that one panel be replaced an does anyone do that?? Please pm me If you can help!!! I live in Warwick ,ri

Thanks

no getting around the auto censor please, MikeG

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not an expert, but I would think it could be replaced. I do not know of anyone that does tank repair, but maybe someone else will chime in soon with some guidance. I know there have been a couple of members that have built their own tanks through the years.

After all, how hard can it be? Scrape the silicone off, clean the glass good, put the silicone back on and run an edge finisher over the sealant.

I am sure you would need a couple pieces of wood and a few word working clamps that open up at lease 3'.

Yeah, sounds easy right.

I was wondering what that sound was I heard coming out of RI. Now I know.

On a serious note. Sorry man, I hope your able to repair this cheaply.

I am glad I was not standing their when it happend. I can only imagine what went through your head and came out of your mouth. How could anyone hold back that kind of fustration.

I feel your pain and hope it works out in the end.

Good Luck!

Yes it can be repaired it is a pita but it can be done. There is a thread on here about a member who did it to a front panel. I will try and find it later.

Thanx for the info..... I yelled once an it was like the air came rite outta me!!!! Good thing I was jus cleaning an my fish were already in a quarantine tank!!!! I was gonna relocate the tank and put in the wall an make it like a pic frame and run my filtration to the work space in the basement.... I'll keep posted on what I do, thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx for finding the thread !! I am going to try an replace the one panel !!!! Wish me luck!!!! It'll be about a $900 savings if it works :)

thats the thread i was thinking of too, i helped jeff pickup that tank and he repaired it back to new. it can be done but yes a "PITA"

Back