Cycling

chuck

why why why
I am having my first Diatom bloom!!!

ok, what a thing to get excited about I know, but last week I only had water and sand :rolleyes:

Oh, I also saw my first Mantis, though I now believe I have more than one. It is too bad that they are no good to keep in the tank with others, he looked really cool, and red. Very seclusive though, maybe because he is so small, maybe 1 inch total.

Also, I just notice that two of the clams fell off my rock, should I remove them from the tank? Or Should I leave them to help the cycle?

AND... thanks again to the guys who donated some sand and other things to this newbie... I saw the first worm trail sagainst the glass today, and saw one worm climbing the glass...

You could set up a nano mantis tank. :) apparently they don't need much in the way of equipment.

As for the clams, I'd remove anything that's clearly dying. There will be plenty of nutrients in the water from the rock.

Ahhhh.....I remember my first diatom outbreak....it is VERY exciting!! Are you sure he's a mantis and not a pistol? Now the fun begins....

from all of the pics I have seen of mantis I am almost positive he is a mantis. Plus, I was told that getting the live rock from Gulf View would almost guarantee I ended up with at least one...

Back