Dan's 8' 130 gallon Build

There's only like 12" between those tanks so for the effort required to move that outlet 6" isn't worth it to me. There's a stud next to it on the left so I would have to pull the wire down to my basement. Then snake it back up cut a new hole and patch the old one. After doing all of that it would only get me 6" over. Doesn't seem worth it to me. Plus I have been running saltwater tanks for like 12 years and never had enough salt creep to effect an outlet under my tank. If I get enough water down that back wall that it shorts my outlet I have bigger problems lol. Just gonna plug a power strip into it anyway.

Happened to me after 6 years. Left a nice burn mark around the outlet. I ended up putting in a new outlet away from the tank. Similar set up to what you have. You could put a piece of Acrylic on the inside of your Stand. Any creep would end up on the acrylic rather than the wall. Just a thought.

I will definitely take the outlet into consideration. I think they make water tight covers for the outlet. Something for an outdoor outlet. I will check it out.

So I started that canopy last night and that's where I'm at now. I am almost done I just have to make a cover and install the lights.

I have been filling off and on for a few days now. I only have a 75gpd rodi so it has been kind of slow. My sand showed up the other day as you can see. I'm getting there now I was short on salt so I ordered a box Tuesday so once that arrives things will be under way.

First coral in the tank. Hopefully many more to come I have a lot of space to fill. That goby is killing me right now he's been in there for a week and he is clouding my water up.

Back