December Meeting

Greg Hiller will also be setting up a "for sale table" at the meeting :)

Plenty of room left, please contact myself or any BOD member if you are interested in a table for livestock or dry-goods/eqpt

If you're a paid member, and plan on voting, could you please make sure you have your BRS membership cards with you. It'll just help us out to make things go a little easier thanks see you Saturday

Last edited by a moderator:
Question on my membership card: I became a member at the October meeting of this year, but the expiration date listed on the card is actually the date it was issued. Is it possible to get a corrected card at the meeting?

Question on my membership card: I became a member at the October meeting of this year, but the expiration date listed on the card is actually the date it was issued. Is it possible to get a corrected card at the meeting?

I will foward this to Bob and help you get this all straightened out

Hey everyone,

I am looking for some branch live rock - about 3 or 4 pieces, no longer than 10" each. If anyone has some that are going and looking to sell (or simply donate :-D), could you PM me?? I am very interested and having a hard time finding it where I am. I will get back to you with my phone number to make contact with you.

Also, looking to talk with anyone that can give me some good advice with LED lights. I have 4 - 36" Tru Lumen on my tank. Two are Actinic (one I run during the day, one at night at low level), one is 12K white/actinic, and the other is 8K sun white - all have dials to control intensity so I can adjust them up or down if need be. The 12k and 8k I have set about 1/2-3/4 power and the Actinic is set at 3/4 power. Having issues with coral tank placement and can't seem to set my lights correctly (I think this may be the issue with some of my corals hiding a lot). Tank is 60 gallon, 36"x18"x21 deep" Water quality is perfect, 0 PPM phosphates, pH is good, Nitrates are low, etc etc. I think my corals are not appreciating the light system. Maybe I went overboard? Not sure... but if you have Tru Lumens or experience with LEDs, that would be helpful. Coral I am having problems with are Duncans, Frogspawn, and Birdsnest. Ricordias are struggling though. Zoas growing perfect, along with chalice, acroporas, and plates. Green Star Polyps and Clove Coral are also doing well. Hammer, well... I think it's just a weird one, but see picture attached - not sure why the tips are swollen, but it is always fully out and about no matter what. hammer coral.jpg

PM me if you have advice or information and I will be happy to pass my cell to you so I can contact you tomorrow! :)

Much Appreciated and see you all there!!

Don't think I am going to be able to make he drive. A lot to do and have to be back to work at 5 after working a 24 yesterday. Going to see if I can squeeze it in though. Have fun if not and Merry Christmas

Well, my bags are packed. I am ready to go. I am standing here by the door.

Cash for raffle tickets-check
Cash for beverages-check
Reef related grab present-check
Fuel-check
Wife's approval to go have fun with friends-check(kidding-on the approval thing that is)

See you all there.

I'll be there.
If there any meeting that a member should make ,it's this one.
Look forward to seeing everybody again.

I know this is very last minute but my wife was hoping to come...is this okay? If not, can someone please let me know right away. Thanks!

Great meeting. Nice to see everybody again.
Congrats to the new candidates for office.
I'm looking forward to 2014.

Also, nice to see all the new faces. Always good to see new folks joining up.

I snapped a few pics.

Michelle (cstmpprl) at the BRS business table:
20131221_132644_zpsa0a999c7.jpg

People checking out Greg's sale tank:
20131221_132755_zpsa88d79dc.jpg

My guys keeping busy at the art table, meanwhile people check out Frank's sale tank at the back.
20131221_132737_zps5c604789.jpg

Last edited:
People enjoying lunch... which was not pizza for a switch:
20131221_132724_zpsd423273f.jpg

Greg H browsing the lunch options:
20131221_132710_zpse327363b.jpg

More of the lunchers, and the bartender who must have been a bit bored:
20131221_132659_zps52290bdf.jpg

Back