Did Something Naughty Today

Couldn’t resist to get this going. This will also let me plan and set up the main tank correctly without a need to rush. My goal is to have a system going. I figure I have about 150ish of water and enough live rocks to do the final scaping that I essentially just adding more water to the system when the main tank is ready.
Profilux controller is now online to control the heaters. GFO and carbon reactors are online. Need to get ATO online this week.
I might just get the CA reactor going or at least the doser going. Not sure if I want to mess with manual dosing. Depends on how many corals I add in the next few weeks.
Have to see if I want to plumb in the UV filter also if I’m adding fish.
Going to see how the new Radion performs. Doesn’t look too bad on a 48x24 frag tank.
5BAB6725-4264-4E5A-9A2E-06D7D66ABE47.jpeg

Last edited:
This is supposed to be a “temporary” tank.
but it’s now a full blown reef set up. Those guys at Miracle and Advance Acrylics can take their sweet a** time as long as they want. They all said the tanks are ready to ship 2 weeks ago but I haven’t seen any invoice never mind a shipping number.
Fully automatic and controlled by Profilux. web enable and soon with webcam. :D
CA reactor, UV, and ATO are now online completing the set up.
I’m liking theRubbermaid sump! Plenty of space to put the equipment in. So even if there’s a leak, it’s not a problem. Definitely one of the most pain free to set up. Maybe I’ve done this too many times now.:p
F181FCB4-9689-4FEC-8C9F-97C890A05E90.jpeg

ATO sensors mount.
1B7F5CC0-7D75-4004-8756-DEB0CA410E38.jpeg

0095053B-E43F-4777-84CB-C239D8A3B275.jpeg

Welcome back! Loved watching your last tank develop and excited to see this one as well.

It’s just 3 pieces of 1/4 plywood I found in my wood pile, glued and nailed together and paint. The piece just sits on the tank by cleats.
I probably wouldn’t use it for long term or as a permanent solution. I just don’t want the 20month old to look at the light when he’s around. But the piece hasn’t been removed since I first put it on yesterday. I feed from the back of the tank.
5160EA9F-E4FE-4866-8BE0-A223FAD1FAEE.jpeg

Back