Disappearing mushroom.

Paul B

paul b
BRS Member
This mushroom has been in my tank for years. I don't even remember how many years because it grew from another mushroom which grew from another one.
Yesterday I noticed it had all but disappeared for no apparent cause. One minute it is there, the next it is gone. There is still a little piece of it left but a tiny one. This mushroom would expand during the day to about 8 or 9" across and at night shrink a little.
Now it is almost gone but everything else is fine.
This is one of the things I find so fascinating in this hobby. How life can just appear and disappear after many years for no known reason. I am sure the mushroom knows, but I certainly don't.
Now I am not going to test the parameters, change the water or offer up tea leaves to the moon. It is what it is and sometimes creatures die. I am not sure if this one died or moved to the back of the tank because the parts that are left look perfectly healthy. This also gives me an excuse to put something else in that place where this guy was.
Very cool.
(PS. I just looked at my tank which is now just lit with a small red light and my mandarins are spawning again. I love this stuff)

I dunno Paul that copper band looks angry and up to no good, suspect #1!
Look at those eyes staring you down like he's sending you a msg !!

The copperband is not angry at the mushroom. The copperband is angry because she lays such big eggs.

Back