Do super glue and Tangs mix????

Bigbpro916

Non-member
So I was gluing down a few frags and my Atlantic Blue Tang decides to bite a chunk of super glue and guess what!!!! His mouth is glued shut and idk what to do!!! anyone have some incite on this wonderful topic?

Wow good luck I would say catch him and try dipping his mouth in an alcohol water mix. But I don't know how safe it is. I don't know man. Good luck I'm sorry that happened.

I do not believe alcohol will do. Acetone removes glue , but will prob kill the tang.
Could you catch him and try to open its mouth with a toothpick soaked in acetone? Then maybe teat with an antibiotic. Just a guess not solid advice.

What CaptainAndy said, I had a Hippo tang do that, and the glue was gone the next morning.

I hope so cause i fed the tank and he goes up to the food but cant eat lol Its kind of funny in a way but not at the same time!

this just happen to me 2 days ago with my yellow tang when i glue my chalice.The glue fell out after a day

Day 2 and glue is still there :( photo.JPG

Maybe, Give it some time before stressing the fish out. Especially if it only on its lips and no teeth, it is very likely to fall off from secretions on skin. I might think the stress of catching him might cause more harn in the end.

Back